Likert Scale

Options
Rosycheeks
Rosycheeks Member Posts: 84
Hi could anyone please explain to me what the Likert Scale is that the rheumatology nurses use to assess you?
Thank you and Merry Christmas :)

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rosycheeks

Thanks for your posting.

We do not have any information on the Likert scale and I have looked on the Arthritis Research and NHS Choices sites and there is no mention of it there.

It may be best to speak to the rheumalotogy nurse to find out what this scale means.

Sorry we cant help you further.

You are welcome to ring our helplines on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Rosycheeks

I googled the Likert Scale because I was interested and this scale is used to ask rheumatology patients to rate their pain according to one of several worded descriptions rather than numbers, of increasing pain intensity ranging from say “no pain” to “extreme pain.The Likert Scale should contain no more than 7 possible responses, because if there are more reponses to choose from patients find it more difficult to answer accurately.

Elna x (forum member)
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry about that - yes we do have info about the Likert scale. x:oops: Elna is right in her description [ta for that].
    Will post some more detailed infor up in the New year when the office is up and running again. x:roll:
    Take care,
    Penn
  • Rosycheeks
    Rosycheeks Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you :) I am looking forward to reading about it when you have a chance to put the information up.

Happy new year to you all xx