Re:Destruction also breeds creation.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 3. Jan 2012, 09:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all well I'm now off the naughty stool and have been allowed to come back on again so I thought I'd use this opertunity to wish you a happy new year.
I'll pop back in from time to time in the new year to check my mail but that's probably about it for me for now.
anyway if you want to know where I'll be on line in the new year then simply drop me a line and I'll let you know what part of cyber space I'm inhabiting in 2012. Take care and good luck for 2012.

Mell

Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mell, and a very Happy New Year to you too.

I do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us on this forum, as well as elsewhere in cyber-space. Your posts have added greatly to this forum over a long period of time now, and I know that you will be missed by so many friends if you leave. You have made us think about numerous topical and interesting subjects, made us laugh in your unique Mellman way, and have kept us guessing with your lyrics questions. This forum would be greatly diminished without you.

I know that I speak for many when I say, PLEASE STAY

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Dont go Mell and bring rehab back if you can.

I only float into cyberspace from time to time and
    occasionally drop in here.
    I have no idea who has been banned/suspended/told off or
    whatever nor do I know why.
    I do know that this site would be much the poorer without you
    and the above mentioned scoundrel.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Happy New Year to you too, Mellman and I can only echo what Joan and Ichabod have said. It takes all sorts to make a well-balanced forum which is why I stick with AC and don't go wandering off into cyberspace where there be dragons.

Breathe it softly but, whatever we may say in public, we actually value you blokes, you know. Without you, us wimmin would be in danger of only ever using the 'x' and '()' keys and we would all die prematurely from a surfeit of saccharine. I don't want to die from something I can't even spell. Please reconsider.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    mel you know my feelings but i do not want you to go you add balance to the place but will find you in cyber place you will not get away that easy val
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Please stay , mell , we need your sanity . Jillyb
  • valval
    thought you must have been del missed you i do understand there is something very wrong here take care sure will come accross you in cyber space val
    val
  • joanlawson
    delboy wrote:
    Having also been consigned to the norty step again for speaking the truth I shan't be here much either, I really can't be bothered with a forum where the members hold sway over the higher echelons of AC who tremble in their boots when someone complains.

Del, I really hope you will stay as I will miss your posts very much. I feel very upset that it has come to this.

As with Mell and Val, I can only plead with you......PLEASE STAY

Joan
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Oh no whats going on, the men are leaving us, why??
    where will us women be without you both..
    You can't leave us, we will have no 1 to seduce us lol..
    Happy new year and i hope to see you both still posting..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I know what I want to say but I am thinking more than twice about saying it. This would not appear to be the place for opinions. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    My opinion is that I am delighted to find both Mellman and Delboy posting today. So, we have the 2 ugly sisters back. All we need now is Cinderella to complete my New Year bliss.

Come on, Rehab. Come on all you guys. The forum desperately needs your counterbalance, your lateral thinking, above all your laughter.

I, who never make N Y Resolutions, promise that, in future, I will never again read one of your postings, chuckle and move on to something else. I will always show my appreciation, even if I only have time for one, paltry emoticon. (Do we have a two fingered emoticon?)

I have missed you. Arthritis is bad enough without having to endure it in solemn respect for the havoc it causes. Please stay to lighten our lives. (And, if you decide to stay, I wrote that last sentence in a fug of alcohol.)
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    Sticky, I second what you have said. I hope that Mell, Del, and Rehab will all stay with us in 2012. The forum wouldn't be the same with out them.

I also hope that Tony will return when he feels able to as he is missed by so many friends.

Joan
  • dreamdaisy
    How beautifully phrased sticky, I back that 100%. I too hope Tony returns, but I think he needs to be feeling better first - he's having a rough time and it's hard to be cheery when one is having a rough time. DD
  • stickywicket
    No way would I omit Tony from the 'cast list', DD, though possibly he & Ra would be better suited to Puss in Boots than Cinderella. I know things are tough for Tony right now and that his absence is due to that alone. I, too, tend to absent myself at such times and I'm aware there are others. Perhaps we could start a Forum Ostrich Club.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Puss in Boots or Dick Whittington? Didn't that involve a cat of some distinction?

I rather like the idea of an Ostrich Club. I think we all have ostrich tendencies from time to time, well I know I do. DD
  • valval
    duvet days work for me ??????????????? when the world just gets to much to cope with val
    val
  • stickywicket
    Just where did you get that pic of me?

Does my bum look big in it?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh dear sticky, you're instantly recognisable I'm afraid! :lol: Great picture del, I love it. DD