Combat Stress

Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 28. Jan 2012, 14:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm off to combat stress this morning with the art equipment i raised for them over christmas ( Canvas and oils )
Have a look at them they do some great work in Newport at Audley Court
http://www.combatstress.org.uk/pages/audley_court_shropshire.html
See you all Later.
Tony hows the legs working now after the injections
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning matey.. Knees not so bad at the minute. Aching through the night. Bit sore but I've managed to drive Janet to work.. All good.
    Called in at my daughters to see her and the kittens. Stops me falling me asleep, need to be awake to ring nightmares, the useless bed company, they're really getting it in the neck this morning..
    Thinking of phoning watchdog... :x

Hope all is good with the stress busting mate
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Looked at the site, great place rkid.. Need more like it. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    what a great place thanks 4 linc did not realise this place existed val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Yeah good site thanks mate, take care dude please let us know how it goes.
  • Colin1
    Well we took the art stuff to the unit and where sown around by a lovley lady called Karon head OT. Agreat unit with some great work going on, and fantastic facilites, Spoke to some of the Patients who gave a great account of the place. I allways think when i see these type of places there for but the grace of God. A whole group of people go through some form of trauma yet only one gets the Combat stress. Anyway it was a great place all run on charity to help our service people.
    From there we went to Telfpord i allways wanted to see the Iron bridge. a beautiful place where they really fleeced you or is called ripped you off. £6.95 for double egg and chips. No we headed home got something to eat later at a reasonable price. Not that i'm mean but that was stupid.
    Colin
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Colin1 wrote:
    I'm off to combat stress this morning with the art equipment i raised for them over christmas ( Canvas and oils )
    Have a look at them they do some great work in Newport at Audley Court
    http://www.combatstress.org.uk/pages/audley_court_shropshire.html
    See you all Later.
    Tony hows the legs working now after the injections
    Colin
    Colin that looks an amazing place and the write up by the veterans is lovely, they really are looking after our brave men who deserve it after what they go through. It's great what you do to help Combat Stress Colin, your a hero for doing that I bow my head to you.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Colin
    Thanks for the link...you really are doing a brilliant job, and I wish there where more places like this...I know what you mean about the iron bridge....yeah we we went has sensible has you and we got fleeced... :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Thanks for your replies guys and for taking the time to have a look at the unit. I am collecting airfix models at the moment to send to the unit.
    Thanks
    Colin