Message for tilly are you doing the gardening topic again

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 30. Jan 2012, 13:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi tilly i would like to know if you are bringing back our garden sharing topic back to the chit chat. I have missed it loads and wish it to come back. thank you from Joanne
Joanne

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    she better it was great
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Oh god, is it that time of the year already? I haven't even got round to thinking it's about time yet! and I only do that at least four weeks late.... Must go and dig some potatoes up and make some room for this years.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    I'm sure she will bring it back because our Tilly has even been doing 'winter' gardening between you and me :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well got 6 toms out in me greenhouse with another 8 in the kitchen window, also I've got 2 types of Naga Chilli's growing as I did last year, big difference is I'm NOT using J arthur Bowers compost the stuff is posion, used it last year and paid the price for doing so, it's skanky stuff made up of council compost it's total c**p, don't go near it, the stuff is full of disease and pests, I'm so paranoid now all the compost I use for germination and growing seedlings I put in metal trays and oven cook it on gas mark 3 for an hour to kill any nasties off. I don't want a repeat of last years disater.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I am planning my garden. In getting the seeds together, and writing out labels for them. I have decided to be more organized and ready. The flower catalogs are coming through my door giving me ideas. :D
    I am getting a flower tower soon. I thought it would be a nice change. I will still do my hanging baskets this year. I might get a pulley type thing to get them down to my hight instead of struggling.The colors will be red white blue in them.
    :D I haven't seen Tilly on for a while but if she is secretly gardening that would explain it.from joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well got 6 toms out in me greenhouse with another 8 in the kitchen window, also I've got 2 types of Naga Chilli's growing as I did last year, big difference is I'm NOT using J arthur Bowers compost the stuff is posion, used it last year and paid the price for doing so, it's skanky stuff made up of council compost it's total c**p, don't go near it, the stuff is full of disease and pests, I'm so paranoid now all the compost I use for germination and growing seedlings I put in metal trays and oven cook it on gas mark 3 for an hour to kill any nasties off. I don't want a repeat of last years disater.

John innings for me all the way hope you have better luck this year mellano
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello suncatcher, I agree with you about the gardening thread: although I don't garden I also enjoyed it and reading the knowledgeable posts. Alas, our lovely tilly is not doing very well at the moment (she is a fragile girl and so not posting very much) but I told her about your message and she would be more than happy for you to resurrect that thread or begin another one. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Wish Tilly well from us. Tell her she is missed and hope she will be with us once again. From joanne
    Joanne