Having nightmares with nightmares

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 30. Jan 2012, 11:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
really wish my hands weren't hurting so much as I want to have a huge rant about that terrible bed company.. You know the one... Nightmares.... I'll post what I can for now.
We ordered a wonderful new bed from there on the 9th december, over seventeen hundred quid so not a cheap one. We both know that I needed a decent bed so bit the bullet and ordered a lovely top of the range memory foam mattress with sheepskin topper etc, nice divan base. Now as we were ordering I had in the back of my mind the horrible time our dear flamingo had been through with them last year.. I even mentioned it to the salesmen at the time but was assured that they had sorted all thwe problems out they had been having.
Have us a very specific slot for delivery,16th december between 7 and 8.15.. Wonderful we thought...
So, the night before we gave our bed away, we have a decent sofa bed and I thought, it'll only be one night........ Yeah right...
By half ten the next morning I'd given up waiting so started ringing the company, the store were les than useless, so I rang customer service... Oh, they won't be delivering today, it's not in stock... Right me thinks, nice of them to let me know... I told them that we were both disabled and now we had no bed.. They said that they would do their best to get us a temporary bed while the issue was sorted. HOWEVER.... It wouldn't be till the next day.. :shock: so I told them they had better cough up for a hotel.. After a few more phone calls, eventually to head office this was agreed.. They would allow a hundred pound for the hotel but obviously I'd have to pay that out first, then the next day when the temp bed was delivered I would have to pay the driver thirty nine pounds that I wood also get back straight away... (forgive spelling, predictive text)

Will have to write more later.............
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    poor you will wait with baited breath for rest val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Bloody hell mate, do they know who their dealing with here/, give me their number and I'll fill them in so you don't physically have to!. :lol:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hi mate hope your ok and knees starting to improve
    I take it you know strees makes things worse.
    What a load of B ----S i hate firms who treat people like this
    Tell them your going to the news paper or granada reports
    and why the hell should you be out of pocket when its so easy to make payments over the phone. I would have made them pay and then cancel the order. Hundreds of those beds on EBAY. anyway you bnever finished telling us all so let us know how your getting on.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Tony...I thought you had all this sorted..this is awful,you write to the newspapers....and make sure you have your say....it will make you feel better if nothing else...anyway they have lost one customer here...I badly need a new bed....and was looking at that very shop..
    I do hope it get sorted very soon for you...or me and mell and the others are going round there...
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Will add more later. Just trying mt best to look are janet, she's not well.
    Not that I'm much better. Haha

I will return
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Tony here are some hugs for both of you...(((((()))) hope you both feel better very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Thank you everyone.. I'll add a bit more..

So.., me and Janet stayed in the hotel nearby on the 16th of december, the hotel was only sixty pounds so we treated ourselves to a lovely meal at the chinese nearby..
    Home early the next day, and to our surprise the van arrived with our temporary bed..
    We were told that it shouldn't be for long, but as it was near christmas we knew out would be.. So we had this temp bed, fair enough it was a memory foam mattress, not the cheapest type but certainly not near the quality of the one we have ordered... It was, well, ok.. I was to have lots of sleepless nights anyway but I won't blame the mattress.. So we concentrated on Christmas..
    Early January I started what would be a long list of phone calls..
    I had noticed that the 139 had NOT been credited to my card for a start.. I was not amused. By then it was the 16th, between I had chased then up a few times for the bed and been told lots of excuses. So, on the 16th I demanded to know where my money was.. Oh, it failed to go through :? :shock: I wonder if they were ever going to bother telling me.. So, I'm down that amount and the interest as it was done on my credit card... So this keyboard monkey said that he was going to do it there and then but couldn't tell me why it had failed due to data protection, the details were blocked to him.. So, like a buffoon I let him do it again... He then told me that our bed would be delivered on the 24th.
    On the 20th (I think) we had a call at tea time from the currier company asking to arrange a collection!! We told them there was NO collection, it's a bloody delivery we're waiting for!
    Then, on the 23rd at about five nightmares rang, afraid you're bed won't be there till the 27th, the manufacturers hadn't delivered it to them yet! Sadly I was in the doctors at that point otherwise I would have gone mental....
    So... I had my knees injected, went home and really couldn't be bothered ringing t them back at that point. I rested..
    I rang them on the 25th, after being on hold for forty minutes (that was about usual for them)
    I got through and demanded to know what the hell was going on, told them that I'd had enough of this crap and just wanted my bed.. And by the way, where is my credit as it still hadn't gone through.. Apparently, it had been rejected on the 16th of january AGAIN.. But lucky me, they'd tried a different method on the 24th and that had gone through, but... Out would take between seven to ten working days!!
    My bed? He told me it was going to be delivered on the 30th.. The day we go away.. I had told him that we were going away and that the bed must be there before we do..
    He said that if I want, they will deliver it to the local store we ordered it from and then when we get back I could arrange a day for delivery.. I told him not a chance, they would probably lose it or something.. So, the MIL is staying here, and she will be expecting it on monday.
    Once it's here there will be on almighty letter of complaint and there had better be an almighty discount...

Right, hands are tired now.
    I'm sorry, can't remember who asked, may have been Colin.. Reason we haven't canceled is that Janet is under the impression that we can't as we signed an agreement with a third party for the credit as it's for yrs interest free, I beg to differ but never mind. Also the credit thing is the reason we can't go to ebag..

Phew.. That took some doing, sorry for the essay but I actually missed a few bits out!
    I will let you know what happens. Just stay clear of the company.. Britain's number one my ar$e :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Tony, I am so very sorry that you are having all this trouble.
    I hope your bed does turn up on the 30th

As you know. I had exactly the same trouble and was hoping that this wouldn't happen to you too.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Thank you Julie. You are a sweetheart..
    I even mentioned what had happened to you to the fella we signed up with.. He said that they had recently changed to another delivery firm.. Name of which is the weird singing type noise that can be heard in the alps :? Lol
    Said that they had ironed out the problems they had been having. If you ask me, the iron must have been turned off because they've caused as many problems as nightmares!!!

Both been rubbish..
    Never again..
    Tempted to stand outside the store with a placard!
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    OMG!!! Tony how absolutely disgusting for that to happen to you and Janet! or anyone else !

I should start your letter and then add bits as you go so you don't miss out anything! what a terrible way to treat customers! like you say its not a cheap bed, what are they playing at!

have you thought of getting trading standards involved and for advice etc?

we'll all come and protest with you :wink:

Have a lovely holiday :D

Rose x
  • tjt6768
    Hi Rose. Where have you been mi dear? Good to see you.

Ain't it a farce eh?
    I've written everything down already, but it's rather rough so I need my wonderful secretary Janet to do it properly in writing that you can actually read, lol..
    I'm so fed up with them.. It's caused stress that neither one of us need.

I'm not sure which way I'll end up going with all this. We will see.
    Right now I just want to concentrate on going away tomorrow..

Thanks hun :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Tony,

I have been in and out like you do still here in spirit tho lol good to see you too!

It is indeed a farse and they should be shot for causing all this !!!

I do hope you have a relaxing enjoyable time away and put it all behind you and get ready for giving them hell when you are back!

we shall catch up and liven things up on your return :wink::lol:

Rose x