TJTs naightmare comes to an end

julie47
julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
edited 24. Feb 2012, 12:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Every body ATLAST

You will be pleased to know Tony has had a phone call from the bed company and it WILL be delivered in half an hour :D
His lovely Mil will take the delivery as tony and janet are as you know on their way to Ireland,

I am so pleased Tony that at last you can wake up from the nightmare and when you come home beable to have sweet ZZZZZs

love juliepf x

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't take it to the wrong house now :roll: - I won't believe that it's actually been delivered until I hear the good news.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hurrah! Isn't it typical of life today though? :roll: Delivery when he isn't there to sleep in it, still, it's only six weeks overdue so three cheers for Dreams (not). After what you went through - and now TJT - well, when we need a new bed I know who we won't go to. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Something to come home too.. woo hoo.. :D
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hope the MIL tells them you've gone to stay in a hotel after all!
    Technically it is true.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks for that Julie...at least Tony and Janet can look forward to there new bed...I do hope they dont let them down again
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    That's great news,we can now sleep easy in our beds and not worry!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    The bed has arrived safely :D

I can imagine RA will now be curled up on it, so atleast someone will be comfortable tonight :lol:

juliepf x
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Thanx for the update Julie :D

That is great news!! i hope they have delivered the RIGHT bed!!!

My daughter had a similar experience with their sofas...... then the wrong colours were delivered :o just cant get the staff these days can you? :roll:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi all.
    It had better be the right bed after all this, lol..
    I know they named it when they said it was being delivered so should be the right model.
    There will be one hell of a stern letter from me once I get home.
    I'm expecting some decent compensation..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Just another update. As the nightmare hasn't actually ended.
    When we got home yesterday evening we found that they had delivered the bed but not set it up. It was all just stood on end in it's wrappers.. So, luckily Tim was spill with us and eric next door was home.. They fixed it together... Guess what....
    Wrong bed base!! It's the wrong colour AND the drawer is in the wrong end. We told them we wanted a drawer in the foot end, no point in having one in the head ends as the bed hours under a unit and we wouldn't be able to open that. I know sometimes bed ends are universal and that the headboard can usually go either end..? Wouldn't you know it, not this one..
    I was so bloody angry but too tired to care..
    I will ring them monday morning..
    As for the bed itself..
    Well, the mattress is incredible.. It's as though God himself created it from the whispers of angels.. It was like sleeping on the bosom of Aphrodite...

Joyous :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    What a palava you are having..
    A free bed and compensation is in order em thinks, you wonder how they can mess up an order..do they not read properly what you requested? obviously not..
    Hope the phonecall goes well mon, let us know..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    My god how can they get an order wrong??? I would make them come dismantle the wrong one and put up the new one.... it will be interesting to see what they say or come back with as a sorry. how did you order it through??? just so i know not to use them... Hope it is sorted soon...glad you slept well on your new mattress.
  • joanlawson
    Oh dear Tony, in the words of Victor Meldrew,''I don't believe it!'' ( about the wrong bed base, not about you sleeping in the arms of Aphrodite :lol: )

When you ring them on Monday, threaten them with going to the press about the terrible service you have received. That can sometimes work wonders as they don't want adverse publicity. Also write a strong letter of complaint to their HQ. They can ignore phone calls, but letters can sometimes get results and/or compensation.
  • tjt6768
    Thanks ladies..
    Lupes. We ordered it at the local branch of dre@ms, I would beg anybody thinking of going there not to do so. This balls up is not a one off.. Some of you will remember the terrible treatment our lovely julie had last year. Horrible horrible service. A place to avoid..
    And, every other bloody advert is theirs. Makes my blood boil.
    My letter will be going to as many top dogs I can find details of. I will make sure that I cc each one too.
    I will be ringing hq tomorrow again, (it's hq customer services I've been dealing with all this time, not just the normal customer services) and make them aware of just how much they've got wrong again. I'll also be telling them I'm definitely considering getting in touch with the press, and that I want the bed base that we ordered and soon.. And will be requesting the names of the top people.... It will make for an interesting call.

At no point will I be telling them that I slept so well.. On a matress as soft as mellman, who's a big softie southerner, lol..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh know..Tony I was hoping you would get home and collapse in to your lovely bed...like I said earlier they have lost one customer in me....but it does sound so comfy...you enjoy it after all that palaver.....x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Thanks ladies..
    Lupes. We ordered it at the local branch of dre@ms, I would beg anybody thinking of going there not to do so. This balls up is not a one off.. Some of you will remember the terrible treatment our lovely julie had last year. Horrible horrible service. A place to avoid..
    And, every other bloody advert is theirs. Makes my blood boil.
    My letter will be going to as many top dogs I can find details of. I will make sure that I cc each one too.
    I will be ringing hq tomorrow again, (it's hq customer services I've been dealing with all this time, not just the normal customer services) and make them aware of just how much they've got wrong again. I'll also be telling them I'm definitely considering getting in touch with the press, and that I want the bed base that we ordered and soon.. And will be requesting the names of the top people.... It will make for an interesting call.

At no point will I be telling them that I slept so well.. On a matress as soft as mellman, who's a big softie southerner, lol..

Dreams should be renamed Nightmares by the sound of things :shock:

BTW, is Mellman available on loan :?: :lol::lol::lol:
  • tjt6768
    Hi Joan. You are spot on with renaming that useless company..

Mell can be rented at the lowly price of two quid per hour.. Payments to be made to his manager, me... :D
    No refunds though.. No matter how disappointed you may be.. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    2 quid an hour sounds very reasonable for a good night's sleep. Can you arrange immediate delivery of Mell please :?: I'm sure I won't be disappointed :D

BTW, have you told him yet that you're renting him out :?: :lol::lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm very glad the mattress is so wonderful so you did get a good nights kip.To arrive home and find no covers and sheets on my bed is bad enough but to have to set up the frame too is the stuff of nightmares!

I have a relative who works for this company and I still won't buy a bed though him even with special promised discount!

Can you PM me details about the mattress Tony-when you feel more able and have recovered of course.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    I like to think that I'm quite reasonable Joan.
    He's available tonight, I've booked him for you from nine pm through to eight am, there is no obligation to feed or water him. Toilet breaks are at your discretion too..
    He will be informed five minutes before his duties start. Lol

Will pm you E.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    That's brilliant, Tony :D

I hope I won't flatten him with my weight though, knowing how soft he is :lol::lol:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Well, the mattress is incredible.. It's as though God himself created it from the whispers of angels.. It was like sleeping on the bosom of Aphrodite..
    You cant get better than that Tony
    pitty aboyt the drawer and the colour.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    Have been in touch again..

They are allegedly bringing and assembling the correct base on the 21st. We shall see.
    We had a phone call (the fourth one in all) at 7.20 this morning from the useless delivery company they use, saying that they will be at ours in ten minutes to collect the item :shock: :?
    We have told them time and time again thai at no point has there been anything to collect.
    Bloody stupid gits...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Update on the bed saga.
    Was expecting the correct bed base being delivered on the 21st, the other day. However, had a phone call on the 17th telling me that it would not be coming as they have no stock :roll:
    When I asked how long it would be he just said someone would be ringing me...
    Got a call yesterday, will be another four weeks :shock:
    I'm so fed up with arguing with these idiots.. Apparently when we ordered the bed it was a stock item, but now the busy period is over with it's not so it has to be made.. Utter borrocks if you ask me..
    Don't ever ever but anything from this store... They WILL let you down..
    :x :x :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I agree mate it sounds like like a load of borrocks to me to, if i could only clench my first i could go down there and thump him one for you. Hey i could put me mask on and hit him with me light sabre.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE