School dilemma

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 2. Feb 2012, 13:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
As a lot of you know i recently moved, i moved 8 miles from a rural village to the town,both my daughters and myself love it here but hubby hates it so we are now looking for an exchange back again lol,anyhowwwww when we moved here we couldnt get our daughter into a school so she has had to stay at the school which is 8 miles away and my eldest daughter drives her to and from,problem with that is my poor daughter is stuck in a part time job because of this and its not fair on her having to drive her all the time,well now katie has been offered a school which is less than 5 minutes away!!! the problem i have is do i accept it taking katie out of her school and what if we move back to the rural area i will have to move her agian back to the original school,but its a popular village and it could take a month or it could take years before we get an exchange :? will it upset her too much,arrgghhh confused.com :? :?

Comments

• katknapp
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hmmmmm obviously no one has any ideas..................... :?:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Kat

It's a dilemma not knowing how long you might have to wait for the exchange. Is there no other way of getting your daughter to her present school? I agree that it doesn't seem fair to limit your elder daughter to a part-time job because of driving her sister to school. If you think the exchange is likely to take a long time, I would take up the place at the school nearest to you now.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • katknapp
    Thank you for replying joan,i think it will be a long wait especially as hubbie only wants certain parts of the village,i have a feeling it will be at least a year :?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    In that case, I would definitely opt for the school near to where you live now. Your elder daughter would then have the opportunity to look for a full-time job, and Katie will be able to make new friends. Children are adaptable, so if you do move back to the village in the future, I'm sure she would be able to return to her present school without any upset.

Good luck in whatever you decide

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Me too Kat

a year is long enough to make change worthwhile.

Hope you can make your decision soon.

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Kat, I would keep her at the closer school to where you are now, Because of the way the housing market is at the moment it could take ages before you get an exchange because people are opting to stay where they are now. It's only the people who are on the market now that are selling there's not alot of movement happening, and that's from the estate agents mouth! Spoke to our agent on Monday because we're selling our late-fathers house it's been up for a year now!
  • frogmorton
    Just wondering what you have decided Kat?

love

Toni xxx
  • katknapp
    Hi all,well we have made the decision today,and we even asked katie herself as she knows her own mind lol, and we have decided to send her to the closer school,i was just so scared of disrupting her learning,shes very bright,but this school has a very good offstead report and i have the uniform thanks to my sister who's daughter also attends that school!x
  • frogmorton
    Well done Kat :)

Good decision!

I think your daughter will love being at the same school as he cousin.

Love

Toni xxx