Ireland ho.......

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 5. Feb 2012, 06:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well tomorrow we head off to Ireland. There till friday.
If I remember rightly they have some wifi signal in the hotel so will try and let you all know we arrived safely..
Some of you already know that I'm determined to make it up 'the hill' lol.. With any luck I will manage.

I'll be on later to say adieu..
:D
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope you have a lovely time Tony. I do remember you struggled with that hill last year, hopefully it will be easier this time.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Hope your walk up the hill fills you and Janet with good memories of the lovely guy you're celebrating . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Heathcliffe, It's meeeeeee, your Catheeeeee, - whoops! Wrong song, sorry. :oops: :D

Have a good trip mate, I hope those pesky knees behave and that yes, you do get up the hill (even if it's not achieved by running up said object). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Thank you ya crazy bunch... :D
    I'll try n make ya proud, lol

If I can I'll get some photos from the top of the hill.

It will be tuesday we attempt to climb the beast.. It is her Dad's birthday then.
    I'm just having a rest, I'm in pain, knees are sore, another day of doing too much plus the rain ain't helping. It's still the OA pain bothering the knees.. :roll:

Right folks.. Must vac up.
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    It hardly seems possible that a year has gone by since you last went to Ireland, Tony. I've still got all the photos from then, but hope to receive some more from this year's trip. It's a beautiful area to visit.

I hope that your knees will behave a bit better and that you and Janet will have a good trip. I know that you will get to the top of that hill. :D

Thinking of you both
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    if you do not make it to top will send trisher with her brolly and she will chase you up there val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Tony
    we will all be behind you giving you a helping hand, give my love to Janet.. it must be such an hard journey, but nice to think you have done it for her Father.... hope the weather is kind...and take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Thank you dear friends...
    Joan, it will be a year in April, that's the actual anniversary of spreading the ashes, we couldn't get the trip on the right date sadly so we are going on his birthday :wink:
    Don't worry though, there will be photos hun. Thanks :D

We've just had some bad news.. Our friend and neighbour John has had a heart attack, the ambulance are taking him to the LGI right now. I just hope he's gonna be ok..
    please cross all fingers and toes. We are going to worry like hell about him.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh no. Tony mate, I am so, so sorry to hear this. DD
  • tjt6768
    Just heard from Eric, our other friend who is down at the hospital with Johns wife. One of his arteries was blocked so they've stented it. Don't know any more yet.
    Thank you DD hun. Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi Tony,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbour, thank goodness they've got him to hospital and had a stent put in place so quickly, what a worrying time for him and his family and friends. I just wanted to wish you a lovely trip to Emerald isle, i know you want to climb the hill for your father in law, but the very fact you and Janet are there for his birthday honouring his memory would have meant so much to him I'm sure.
    Hopefully (as long as i dont flare) hubby,boys and me are going 'back home' for Easter and can't wait, we're staying with my family in Wesport Co Mayo.
    Well, I'm sure that you'll all have the craic, and I'm sending you positive vibes for climbing the hill.
    I hope it's good news for your neighbour, I know it really does make a big difference by getting to hospital quickly, he's in the best place.
    Here's a few hugs for you and Janet (((()))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Tony , sending u positive vibes seeing u up that hill, u will do it mate :smile:

Hope yr friend is ok.

Take care dear friend and love to Janet.
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • tjt6768
    Thank you Poppy, Clare.. Xx

I'm tired already.. Been up since five..

Got my diazepam at the ready for the coach trip. Most unbearable otherwise.
    No more news on John as yet but I'm taking that as a good thing..
    Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone.

Catch you all later on..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hope you have a lovely trip..
    If it stays windy then the wind can push you up that hill, less effort from you lol..
    Hope neighbour is on the mend..
    Take care and have fun..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    Have a safe trip Tony...and I really do hope the bones behave...cant wait to hear about it... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    He sent me a message a little while ago saying he was having an over-priced cuppa at some motorway services and that the traffic was bad - there was some snow over the moors. His neighbour is kinda OK, he's had three stents inserted into two blocked arteries. He is in ICU for the next 24 hours or so. DD
  • tjt6768
    Just at holyhead with enough signal to say tara..
    Will update at the hotel later with any luck. Don't miss me too much, lol.
    Bye for now folks... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    missing you already...we are all going to yours to try out that new bed.. :lol: have a safe trip x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Taraa mate av a grate trip if you think the motorway is dear your going to get a shock in Ireland is it north or south. Dublin is one of the most expensive places i have ever been to.
    Take care Tony if you catch the leipreachán dont go for the pot og gold First wish we are all cured of arthritis,
    Allt the best mate
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Sorry to hear about your neighbour tony, I hope he has improved and is comfortable today.

Hope your journey is going ok.

Have a good few days

Love Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Hi all. Safely at the hotel but the wifi seems sparodic to say the least. Lol
    Colin, we are in enniscorthy, wexford in the south. Luckily we are half board cos we don't have half a million euros to feed ourselves fully. Lol
    Just had tea, food is outstanding as usual.. Room great too.. Queen sized bed that's very comfortable.. And a bath so I can have a soak.. Lol
    Only have a shower at home now.

Tomorrow we will attempt going up the hill. Some of Janet's Dad's childhood friends are meeting us at the hotel so we will have a lift to the carpark 3/4 of the way up the hill. The rest will be attempted with sherpas and trained polar bears. Lol

Julie, my neighbour had three stents put in, one of them failed late last night so he was rushed down to the cath lab again to put a larger one in. he's doing ok, very tired if course.

Thanks for asking hun.

Lets see if this will actually post now. I may have to hang out of the window with one sock rolled down, a hairbrush in one hand, phone in the other singing hallelujah, praise the phone gods.
    Lol

I hope that all are alright..
    Well attempt to post more if I can keep my calm with this frustration. Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Take care Tony if you catch the leipreachán dont go for the pot og gold First wish we are all cured of arthritis,
    Allt the best mate
    Colin[/quote]

and don't wish for your old knees back, you want the young ones.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Thanks everyone.
    Pink fluffy mules firmly stuck onto feets... Using duct tape and some elastic bands. This could be a trecherous journey indeed :D

Thanks Elizabeth hun. Will just wish for a cure for us all should I chance upon one of the little fellows :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Tony
    I'm sure that you've climbed that hill by now. You'd do it by will-power alone, knowing you :D

I'm really sorry to hear about your neighbour, and I hope that he will make a good recovery.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    Oh Tony Im so sorry I missed the bit about your neighbour, I do hope they get him sorted.
    Hopefully you have done your climb by now, and your knees are behaving...hairbrush and one sock down...you daft begger...now be careful hanging out the window...xx
    Love
    Barbara