Hands

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 16. Feb 2012, 17:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Another query! I've got a bulging disc in my neck which is the reason why I get numbness in my arms, hands and thumbs. I get pins 'n' needles too.

Lately though I've been getting a different sensation. I notice it more when I'm trying to get a wee nap during the day. Because of pain in elbows and hands, I usually lie with arms down straight. My hands feel like they're burning and get swollen, then they go numb :shock: Don't know if it's linked to the disc thing OR is it common in RA to get this feeling?

Any ideas?

Magenta x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi can not help but sounds awfull if it not one thing it another val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I get a burning sensation in the joints of elbows, wrists, fingers etc. sometimes it's like a pins and needles feeling.. I can't say that they swell too much, it's mainly fingers that puff up a bit.I've been diagnosed with sero-negative arthur in the above joints, plus golfers elbow..
    I have to sleep on my side with the bolster between knees but I usually have to have arms outstretched, with a cushion between them if that makes sense..?

Sorry you're suffering with this. Tis not fun mi dear :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry cant really help you but it sounds most uncomfortrable
    Sending you (((((())))))

Love
    Hileena
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya,

It's very annoying. It keeps me awake and when I get up my hands are numb, as if the circulation has been cut off. That make sense?

Thanks,

Magenta x