Cranky anky : (

suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 20. Feb 2012, 15:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, I felt a little brighter this morning, so moved more. BIG mistake :cry: I am now in a lot of pain, and extremely grumpy and cranky. I thought the pain killers were helping somewhat. :cry:

So, am now on the sofa, going to have quiet time and try and regain my tolerance and patience. :oops: Now where did I put them?? :lol:

It sure tests you, living with pain. Think I may need to go higher on the gabapentin. I have got to be mobile for the weekend, its my sons semi cup final :D I can't miss that.

I am taking all painkillers and resting, still in serious pain, and struggling.

I read a book called Confessions of a GP and it was very interesting. I am going to hunt down a couple of recommended books now.

How are you all doing?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, it is so easily done isn't it? I feel a bit better so I'll do a little bit more and - BANG - it hits you all over again. Blasted pestilence. (())

How am I doing? This might explain it: t2412.gif. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi Suzy,Im doing a little better took some nap its helped a bit.
    Going to evening wedding party on saturday so brought myself a new lippy,sales girl got me to buy some new mascara false lash effect so tried it out before i have to get ready for the party tomorrow,so here i am a 64 year old woman with what looks like two giant spiders stuck on my face :shock: :roll:
    Hope you are taking things easy and things get a little better.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Suzy

Sorry you overdid it....l do hope that you will be able to get back where you were very very soon. The football is on :shock: you are needed aren't you for that it's really important.

l hope you can sit down when you get to the footie?? l have a fold-up seat-thingy l use in this sort of situation.

Somehow l know you will manage it.

But today you will have to give in and rest.

Love

Toni xxx

Just told my (nearly 17 yr-old) in front of her friends not to slam my doors or her 'little friends' will have to go home :shock: :oops:.....going to quietly cringe now :oops:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi mi dear...
    Ain't life with pain such fun :roll:
    Make sure you do rest. Then get yourself in goals at the match :shock: :wink:
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    Tjt, you do make me laugh, 'get in goal', I would fill it!!!! :oops: :lol:

Toni, I always have to atke a chait to the match, when its really cold, I have to be pulled out of it, as its so cold, I stiffen up and go numb. I do really enjoy watching him play tho, think I am more excited than him, :lol:

Mig, enjoy the party. Is the flase lash effect black or brown? I bought a black one, that was too harsh, so went back to brown.

DD, yhou take care x
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Cranky, i mean Suzy Girl :wink:

hope as the day has gone on your pain has eased, well i can hope hun.

The MRI for the knee was fine, its the lying in place for 25mins that takes its toll on the back. I did fall asleep, well drifted off for a bit. mad i know but must have needed it. :roll:
    t118019.gif
    Am now wide awake, and back causing jip, thanks mri.

hope your son scores loads, will be willing him and his team on. t31011.gif
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its black and it is too harsh.
    how are you doing today?i only woke up once and that was for toilet trip.Mig :oops:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    t1232.gif (sorry suzy :oops: )

mig

have you ever tried having lashes popped on at the salon? l haven't but my two eldest did for their prom last year and they looked fabulous. Cost about a tenner, but well-worth it :wink:

Suzy

is the final today or tomorrow and how are you doing?

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I read through and roared with laughter over the 'little friends', the thought of our lovely Mig becoming Spiderwoman, marvelled at CJ's picture of the MRI scanner, chortled at tjt - oddly enough Suzy, this thread has been a bit of a tonic!

I hope you have rested as much as you can and that once you are there, perched in regal splendour, you get so carried away with your boy and the game that you forget all the current crud. Let us know how it all goes, yes? DD
  • suzygirl
    Morning all, I had a really good rest last night. I do like to read a little bit about whats going on with others. Stops me becoming selfcentred :oops:

Mig, you can either get the mascara in brown or the stick on lashes from the pound shop. Bit fiddly, so maybe Tonis idea is better.

Claire, glad the mri went well. It is uncomfy lying flat on your back, glad you were able to relax though. When do you get the results?

My sons match is tomorrow, and I can't wait, am resting up so as to be uncranky as possible.

Have a good day all.
  • tjt6768
    Hi Suzy.. Get them gloves warmed up for your goal keeper duties :wink: lol
    Wrap up well. It's quite sunny here but deceptively cold.

I managed to struggle out of bed an hour ago. Just brought the missus to the supermarket.. Woohoo, rock n roll lifestyle :wink::lol:

Be well mi dear
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • CJHunter
    Hiya Suzygirl, so how did the game go and did you do a good job in goal
    t31023.gif

Thanks for askin dont know when will hear from ortho bods but will phone friday n find out wots happening as its been since b4 xmas this knee went.

Hope u have had a good day.

((((XX))))
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Good luck for today Suzy, I hope the weather where you are is as lovely as it is here! I am thinking of you. DD
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Hi everyone,

Where do you get all those amazing 'moving' pictures from???
    LOVE EMMA X
  • suzygirl
    Well, I made it to Dans match and they WON!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D 10-0

Warning, proud mother alert :lol: They are now through to the cup final in May. It is great as at the moment they are top of the league, so the manager is aiming for a 'double'. he has won the league before and a few tournaments, but never a cup, so it would be nice for him. They are a lovely team and the manager is lovely.

We went for dinner after, and I am exhausted and cranky again. A nice day, but it was all too much. I know I am unwell, when I am like that. At a pub for dinner, usually you have to drag me away from the bar :oops: :lol: So defintely out of sorts, just couldn't wait to get home.

Hope you are all ok.
  • dreamdaisy
    10 nil? :shock: Well, goodness gracious me! I can see why you took it one further step but now it's time to rest, yes? Good for you for going, good for you for lasting the course and well done on doing dinner after. Rest now, yes? DD
  • suzygirl
    Thanks DD, I appreciate the support when you are feeling so rubbish. It was such a lovely day, never mind the pain. The memory is stored. :D
  • tjt6768
    That's a Hell of a score.. Lol
    Well done all round me thinks... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    there is a website but it's been that long since I've used it I can't remember.. Lol
    Cosganimages or something like that.
    I'm sure someone will be along with the right answer..
    :D

emsjane wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Where do you get all those amazing 'moving' pictures from???
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    Quick question, does anyone get cranky when the pain killers wear off? :oops: The pain is just too much, and making me really irritable. I thought gabapentin was more longlasting, but when its time for the next dose, boy, do I know about it :shock:
  • CJHunter
    Suzygirl, you are talking to the crankiest of all cranky's, oooh do I get moody when im in pain. Apparently i am not the easiest of people to live with, so no u r not the only one by far.

think you would be abnormal if u didnt get a bit cranky hun,lol
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg