DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 20. Feb 2012, 05:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just when you think things can't get any worse, bam!!!! I was getting up from the loo and pulling my pj bottoms up :oops: when I had a chronic pain shoot up my arm into my neck and back (well ribs but at the back) :o . Can't move my neck now because it is sooo painful. Roll on first rheumy appointment on 1st march x Dee x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Just when you think things can't get any worse, bam!!!! I was getting up from the loo and pulling my pj bottoms up :oops: when I had a chronic pain shoot up my arm into my neck and back (well ribs but at the back) :o . Can't move my neck now because it is sooo painful. Roll on first rheumy appointment on 1st march x Dee x

((())) it is a pain in the :oops: but rest if you can and get wheat bag on it
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Deedee
    It doesn't take much does it, that is the one thing I dread doing, pulling trousers up, or even stepping into them come to that.
    Have you got one of these what cushions that you put into the microwave, I have 3 and couldnt do without them, I love to take them to bed when it is cold and wrap them round my joints
    You take care, and let us know how you are.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Oh Dee,
    I do feel for you. Maybe try some deep relief cream or something similar, wrap your neck up warm and take a long rest.
    Love,
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Thank you for your lovely replies.....I have been resting all day but still stiff and painful. I have warned my son and daughter that if I can't get out of bed tomorrow they are going to have to come and get me up :lol: Had trouble getting out of bed this morning because of painful back/hips and then this happens. Oh well, will grin and bear it like we all do x Dee x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Oh Dee
    Sounds very painful......be careful and use heat and ointments if you have them

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear deedee, I empathise. I had a similar problem a few years ago so now it's nighties for me. On the really rough days (when I have to be up and dressed) it's long skirts and no drawers. :oops: That cuts down on the washing tho! :) I agree with the others, heat, creams, maybe a rolled-up hand towel for a neck support? I hope it's feeling easier now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh Dee, It's so easily done, we forget sometimes how simple it is. I have to have my beannie to hand incase needed! When new parts start to hurt I think 'ok how many more want to join in!' I think I need to stop saying that as I'm asking for it! :shock:
    I'm afraid I have to agree with the others, you need to rest, stay warm with blankets and wheat bags and ride it out. I'm afraid I'm speaking from experience as I'm suffering from a bad flare up at the moment!