Care...

jan50ish
jan50ish Member Posts: 47
edited 22. Feb 2012, 07:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
My other half hurt his back a couple of weeks ago. I did not realise how much help he gives me . He is now on the mend.

Note to self! Do not take him for granted x

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jan this is a good post
    we do take out partners for granted and its not untill something goes wrong that we seem to notice. My wife has a broked rib and although she is here with me its not the same. I struggle so much some days. I think some days i drive her mad. But i dont know what i would do without her.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jan

my husband did his back in (temporarily) a couple of years back and it did him good too

he went on a rapid 'empathy curve'

:wink:

His patience is greater now.

Hope your poor chap recovers fully really quickly and your wife too Colin.

Love

Toni xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    My hubby is amazing too , I got this ghastly illness when 25 and had only been married for 3 years , now 31 years later ; the love of my life is also my full time carer . He's so kind and thoughtful and never moans or groans at all the things he now does for me each day . We say we're a team : he does virtually everything and I'm in charge of all the moaning ! Jillyb
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Hi Jan,
    I hope your husband will get better soon. I also have a great husband who helps me as much as he can and I try to take a good care of him too when I'm able to do it.
    I wish you both all the best,
  • jan50ish
    Hi Nesia,

He is getting back to normal. Was able to drive today, and is moving around more easily, he says its settled to a dull ache but you can see he is still getting quite severe pain when he makes any sudden moves. He was hoping to get back to work on Monday but I think not. He does a lot of driving and manual handling.
    Its been nice having him home though,
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jan

l met my husband and 6 months later had my back surgery...and was a proper pain in the b*m l promise you!! :oops: was also having chest pains at the time and then had some sort of allergy and swelled up like a balloon :shock: .

Never been so happy in all my life :wink: it's true!!

You got a good'un there lass hope he has an extra day or two off to be on the safe side.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear Jan, your poor bloke! I know arthritis pain is pretty miserable but I reckon a bad back is one which could top it. It is something that can, however, ease over time and I hope he is soon back to his usual self. And yes, you're right, never take them or their help for granted. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jan50ish
    :D Well he is well on the mend, probably back to work next week , It sounds as if I am not the only on who has got a good'un :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're not, there are quite a few of us on here who are blessed with supportive spouses (mind you, they're blessed with drop-dead gorgeous wives! :lol: ) I hope he eases his way back into work and takes it steadily for a while. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben