One Month On

DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 20. Feb 2012, 14:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, one month on from my steriod injection into the knee and I am still doing okay. I managed a 2.5mile walk on Saturday for the first time in ages (flat ofcourse).

I am now used to taking Meth by injection (even though I don't like it) but I have noticed that a few hours after taking in the injection I suffer from severe fatuige. But the next day I am fine. I am going to try and take it just before I go to bed and see if that makes a difference.

Injections are working fine, no more yuckyness and no more hair falling out.

Got an appointment with the Rhumey Nurse in 3 weeks, so will see what the next course of action is but I am hoping to stay on the injections.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds like the injection has helped the knees, just dont be overdoing it lol..

Cant help with the meth injections but i am sure you will find what suits you best.

Wish you well and i hope things go ok with Rheummy news..

Take care.x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Wow! 2.5 miles! Well done to you, that is great news. I do my humira before bed, just in case of any trouble and so far, so good (inasmuch as there hasn't been). I also sometimes get very tired after the meth, normally when I have them both in the same week, so I must remember to do that in the evening too (my tiredness happens about 24 hours after the injection). Good luck with it all, I hope things continue to get better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Glad that things are going well mi dear...
    2.5 miles is excellent.. :D
    Well done with the injections too, really happy to hear you are getting on well with them.

Best wishes :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Debra
    That is really good news, Im so glad the injection has worked for you, each person is so different.
    You are doing really well, just build up slowly so that you dont overdo things.
    And good luck with the meths xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Debrakelly

This is good news. :D I am really pleased for you and well done for walking so far, you must feel proud of yourself :)
    I wish you well for your next rummy appointment.
    Love Juliepf x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hi Debra glad to hear your monthly report and made up for you that things are going well
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Wow 2.5 miles :shock: thats fantastic. Its really encouraging to hear that things are going so well. Its gives me hope. :D