how do u go about running a fundraiser

craigp
craigp Member Posts: 44
edited 26. Feb 2012, 16:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ive recently taken on a new role in a fishing club im involved with and i know have the ability to organise pike fishing matches and get plenty of people to them with all procedes going to charity but my question is how do i do it the obvious choice would be for a arthritus charity maybe 1 for children if there is 1 having put up with the pain and knowing what people suffer with on a daily basis

So do i need to get a registered number from the charity before i anounce where the moneys going to who do i need to contact regards sending the money the usual questions
sorry if its in wrong section but ive no idea about these types of things

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have to say I don't know the answer to this one Craig, but what a wonderful idea. If it were me I would ring the chosen charity and ask them directly how to go about things. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    I have sent a pm to the webmanager, who has passed it on to the appropriate person. Hope for an answer for craigp soon.

Jean
  • craigp
    Thank you both for the replys i just cant wait to get the ball rolling and give a little back plus hve some good fun on the way il keep u updated may even include a few pics but i doubt people are really gunna wanna see a bunch of misfit pikers :lol:
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Sounds like a great idea to me. x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D

Jean (Forum Supervisor)
  • craigp
    Ive managed to actually find arthritis care on the just giving site i will run it through there and keep every 1 upto date once dates have been finalised thanx for the help ive been given :smile:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I run a fund raiser each Christmas for a charity. I decide on the Charity, i then contact the charity to see if they are ok with it. i then start the fund raising. I take no expensis and 100% of what i make goes to that Charity.
    This year i done Combat stress. Next year i will chosse a local charity.
    Cheers
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • craigp
    Thank you webmanager just sent u an email (WAKEFIELDREGION96) hope to here from you soon :smile:
  • craigp
    If people would like to keep keep checking on this
    http://www.supportarthritiscare.org.uk/craig_pickles?8400767
    this is for online donations and the money raised on day will be added aswell
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Craig

Not long now then :!: I do hope all goes well on the day. I have chipped in because I really admire you bothering to do this.

:lol: I'd love to see some piccies of 'misfit pikers' - your words, not mine. :wink::lol:

Have fun :D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • craigp
    Elna i will add some pictures but i cant promise u wont have nightmares lol
    and thank you for the donation :)
  • craigp
    Quick update in totall with online donations and the money taken today that will be added 2moz online is £250 will add some pictures later
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :D Good for you Craig. I hope you shared the good weather we had here. I would love to see some photos and hope it was a fun day for all concerned. I hope you feel right proud of your achievement today and are not feeling too whacked out.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.