Flare up

amiebee
amiebee Member Posts: 9
edited 21. Feb 2012, 05:40 in Young people's community
Hi guys, I'm a 20 year old girl and my JIA has just flared up again. I've had no problems for just over 5 years and unfortunately it flared up again just before christmas. Ive already had 40mls of fluid drained off my left knee and a steroid injection however I'm facing this again with my right knee. Im currently waiting to start methotrexate. I also have carpal tunnel in my right wrist. I'm struggling to cope with everything as I have a part time job and I am also studying full time at college. My flare up is really getting me down, I've not been sleeping much for the last 4 weeks and I'm not sure what to do. Does any one have any suggestions as to how I can help get myself back up again? Any suggestions would be appreciated xx
From Amie :) xxx

Comments

• elishapearcex
    elishapearcex Member Posts: 48
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hey i know how you feel, its hard at college for me as its mostly staires and i amy have RA in my knees. i picked myself up by talking to my mates about it and just doing things to take my mind off it like going to the movies and even though it hurts sometimes i stilt walk, so just do something you enjoy doing

elisha xxx
    live life to the full and done let anything bring you down!!!!
  • amiebee
    amiebee Member Posts: 9
    Thanks :) it's just so hard. It's affecting my college placement as I'm doing childcare and also my work. I try talking to friends about it but sometimes feel like a burden...

Amie
    From Amie :) xxx
  • elishapearcex
    elishapearcex Member Posts: 48
    i found it hard to talk to my friends at first as i thought they would bully me or leave me but they were really understanding and have helped and supported me through everything

elisha xxxx
    live life to the full and done let anything bring you down!!!!