EYES [AGAIN]

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 24. Feb 2012, 05:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just a bit of a moan..........My eyes again...I posted some time back about how they were watering/streaming and how I could cope with arthur better than this.
Make up wont stay on, my skin gets dry, eyes are sore as well and I get differeing opinions from GP, eye hospital and optician.
I do have another appt with the eye hospital but its still a long way away {or so it seems} 13th March}
The GP is treating it as dry eyes at the moment but the drops arent working.
I stoped to get petrol on Sun, went into pay for it and a policeman was coming out...he asked if I was OK I said yes, Are you sure? Yes....you've been crying he said.....I had glasses on to try to disguise it. I then got up to the counter and the girl taking my money said Are you OK?
Not doing my confidence any good at all.
Better go and get some breakfast started
Love
Hileena

Comments

• elishapearcex
    elishapearcex Member Posts: 48
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    my eyes tend to water alot so people think im crying so i know how you feel xxx
    live life to the full and done let anything bring you down!!!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena... I was wondering how you were going on with the drops, I just wish I could offer some help, these appointments do get longer and longer, its no use me saying it will soon be here, it must seem forever to you.
    I do hope they get it sorted for you, you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi Barbara
    Still using the drops but they aren't doing any good.....I'm assuming they wont do any harm and I'll use them until the appointment.
    What about you....how are things going? You got things under control with your eyes?

Love
    Hileen
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Hileena not mi eyes mi hips
    I have just got my appointment for the injection they said would be before Christmas, so I have to go back on the 2nd March for another pre-op and the injection will be done on the 15th March, fuming is not the word
    How did you go on with your injection or have you not had it yet.
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi Barbara
    I remember it was your hip but somehow thought you had problems with your eyes as well...sorry.
    What exactly is the injection for......I havent been keeping up as I should because my eyes hurt after a short period.
    I was supposed to have the injection last Thurs on the hip that had been done {THR} aspiration I think they said...... but it was a day surgery and under anaesthetic.......but they changed the date.....think it is now April
    So no not had it yet.....then later {no date yet} an injection ...same...day surgery on the hip that hasnt been done.....to see iof its my back or my hip.??????
    What a faff we are having LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Hi Hileena
    I hope your eyes have settled a bit today and Ihope they clearly identify what it is and you have some relief soon x
    I have issues with my eyes too..........I have angle closure Glaucoma,my eyes get very watery,but that's good! Its when the fluid doesn't dissipate that the pressure builds up and affects the visual field.
    I'm guessing you have had all the tests for this?

ttfn
    Julia
  • hileena111
    Hi Julia
    I have to go to the optician every year {most people its every 2 years} because my mam has glaucoma so I assume I've been tested for everything like that.
    Optician said dry eyes and gave me eye drops....didnt do much good.
    Got an appt with the eye hospital and he didnt put a name to it but said it was my nose blocked, gave me a nose spray and told me to bathe
    my eyes with very hot water.This was last May
    It eased off for a while then started again.....had an optician appt, dry eyes he said.
    Tried the walk in clinic {eye} they said couldnt treat me because I had been here before and been discharged......go through all the rigmarole of getting another referral to the eye hospital consultant.
    So thats Middle of March.
    Meantime went to the GP and she said she would treat it as dry eyes and gave me different drops......No good although I still keep trying them.
    Sorry for the ramble

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    mum had this i think and they did operation to unblock tear duck that drains from eye into nose she had to have it done twice but worked great second time no more running eye val
    val
  • hileena111
    Hi Val
    Hope he finds something like this....thanks

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi hileena. I'm sorry that they haven't got things sorted for you yet. I don't think they realise how long the waiting seems to us mere patients...
    Especially when the things we suffer are near constant..

I wish you all the best mi dear.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Hi all
    It could be the tear duct, and yes it is connected to yiur nose.
    For many years (20+) I had migraine headaches, then one morning I woke and my right eye felt like it had turned inside out and I was feeling sick. I went to a pharmacist as I thought it was an eye infection and got drops........was using them for a week with no improvement, gradually my sight was getting worse, so I went to A & E.............they shipped me straight to my local Eye Clinic where I was diagnosed with acute angle closure Glaucoma........had to be keptin overnight to have intravenous diuretics to disspel the fluid frommy eyes (pressure should have been less than 20, mine was 69).
    So the end result is loss of vision in my right eye.........:-(
    It turns out that all the migraines I had were a warning that things werent right and if my GP hadnt given me stronger pain killers each time and maybe referred me sooner, I wouldnt have the visual field loss!
    ho-hum, hindsight is marvelous! :-)

I do hope they find out the root cause of your problems, and if you are not happy with the verdict, ask for a 2nd opinion.
  • hileena111
    Hi Julie
    Thats a horrible story.......migraines for as long as well.....I occasionally get cluster headaches which are similar and the thought of having them for so long. :(:(
    A lot of GP's have a lot to ananswer for
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Tony
    You are so right. When they dont have arthritis or whatever they dont realise how long it is between appointments.....they arent the ones suffering.
    Think i'll have to get myself back to the GP and see if that does any good although she said I had an appointment with the eye clinic so she would leave it to them to treat it....they knew better. Drops for dry eyes and that was it.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear Hileena, what a bother and nuisance, yet another thing that is sent to try you. It's not on girl, not on at all. You say your eye is watering yet they are treating you with a dry eye spray? Is the spray meant to dry up the watering or encourage it? Sorry, I'm in a co-co fog this morning, I can't think straight. :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi Hileena, sorry you're still suffering with your eyes! I think it took about 6 to 8 weeks for the drops to work for me. Even then I wasn't sure if they were working or the condition had just got better. I do find now though, if I stop using the drops, the watering eyes come back.
    I've just had an eye test and I now have cataracts and I have to go back for more tests as I may have glaucoma. Oh joy!
    Hope you get sorted soon, I know how miserable constantly streaming eyes are.
    DD my doctor told me that the RA makes the body over compensate, so when you have dry eyes it over waters them!
    All the best
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    You're not the only one confused. :lol: I havent got an excuse ....Only had paracetamol and naproxen this morning :lol:
    I havent a clue why the nose spray from the eye hospital.
    As for dry eyes both optician and GP said that dry eyes resulted in watering eyes no matter how silly it seemed :?
    Both gave me eye drops but different kinds .,....neither of which helped
    Oh well about 3 weeks and hopefully I'll not see the same consultant this time......he was horrible. Might get it sorted out then.
    It doesnt help my driving....which is bad at the best of times :lol::lol:
    but no way am I going to mention that incase they revoke my licence.

Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Hileena

You have all my sympathy. My dry eyes are just that - very dry, never had the watering thing. But the Sjogrens also dries my mouth badly and I do notice sometimes that, out of the blue, my mouth starts watering hugely and I feel I am starting to dribble :oops: - which is maybe overcompensating as Numpty says.

Really hope you see a different consultant this time Hileena, who can help you to sort things cos I know from experience how difficult eye problems can make things.

Tillyxxx
  • hileena111
    Thanks Tilly
    Yes hope I do see a different one.
    It must be just as bad to have a dry mouth that suddenly starts watering

Love
    Hileena
  • Aprilann
    Aprilann Member Posts: 49
    Tillytop

I have sjogrens syndrome and about 20 years ago, because of dry eyes, the eye doctor blocked my bottom tear ducts and so I now only rarely use eye drops.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Hileena,

I am sorry you got another thing and really hope the drops help. Mine are dry but don;t water much, they also have a ton of grit in them but thats the crohn's as like as not so maybe yours need to have a good eye kept on them.

Maybe the drops will rally help. Hang in there. low and tea in the special cup. Cris xx
  • hileena111
    Hi Cris,
    Nope the drops arent helpng....roll on the 13th March when I have an appt with the eye consultant. Although I had one last May and what he gave me did no good whatsoever.
    Different opinions from different people :? :?
    That mug is doing a lot of travelling :lol:
    I just sent it to you about 3 mins ago :lol:

Love
    Hileena