Change in weather pressure

nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 25. Feb 2012, 16:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all,

hope everyone is feeling not too bad after the weather we had lately. My question is, does anyone else get pain when we have a major change in air/weather pressure? I usually ache in some joints when it's going to rain, but as it's supposed to be warming up quite a lot this week (high pressure) after having very cold weather (low pressure) I'm wondering if that is why I'm in so much pain tonight. It's not like usual pain or flare up pain, it just feels like having a throbbing headache all over, especially my lower back, hips and legs. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary or unusual to explain why this has happened. I'm using my heat pad which is helping to a certain extent, but I have to keep moving it about, painkillers are only just taking the edge off. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I'd be very grateful. I just hope tomorrow is a better day.

Sue x

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi , Sue , Differing air pressures definitely have a noticeable effect on my joints . Over the years my hubby has noted this and recently bought a barometer to check it out ! Rest up and keep using the hot and cold pads to ease it . Jillyb
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Sue, in answer to your question YES
    i def notice changes with pressure. its a real pain. Hope u ease soon.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Sue
    Cant say I've noticed :? Cold weather and rainy weather really affect me.
    Occasionally humidity {when do we get that :lol: } does but generally no ....its just bad weather that makes me worse
    You seem to be doing all the things i can think of doing if it was me
    Sending (((((()))))

Love
    Hileena
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Morning all,

Feeling better today, but only because I took tramadol (in desperation).Don't like taking it because it upsets my digestive system and I don't like the withdrawal side effects you get when you stop taking it. Seeing doc next week, get blood test results, might be a flare up, hey ho, onwards and upwards. :roll: :)
  • jez
    jez Member Posts: 27
    Hi,
    Weather affects my mood and joints, People find my ability to tell the weather uncanny, easy really
    jez
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Sue
    Glad you are feeling a bit better today

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Sue, certain types of weather seems to effect me in different ways, like low pressure effecting certain joints and high pressure effecting other joints. If there is a storm coming or heavy rain sometimes I get a migraine. It's a little crazy how it does it!
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Yes the weather affects my joints particularly when its damp and cold. I can usually tell when its going to snow too.
  • elishapearcex
    elishapearcex Member Posts: 48
    the weather affects my joints and in summer they dont hurt but in winter and cold, damp weather i can get a lot of pain. i cant wait for summer. i also get sick a lot or headaches

elisha xxx
    live life to the full and done let anything bring you down!!!!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Before I had my new hip I used to know when it was going to rain as it seemed to be more painful.As for other changes It can vary here from 44 C in summer to -7C in winter Never felt any different
  • bounce
    bounce Member Posts: 106
    I can tell the difference too in the weather changes, in fact I can tell the family when they need their wet weather gear or their thermals. :wink:

I am always much better in the lovely warm dry weather so roll on a decent summer this year. 8)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The change in pressure never affected the PsA but it certainly does the OA. This has been the most painful winter to date in my arthritic progress through life. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    I've never found the weather affects my Arthritis at all but know lots of people that it does seem to.
    I'm just very happy :D when the suns out..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Hi nanasue....yes...i have RA and have noticed a very strong link with pressure changes...high to low or low to high either way ....when its stable so am i...

hope you feel better soon... :) jaja
  • mimiofdc
    mimiofdc Member Posts: 24
    I am a human barometer. I can feel the pressure in my joints (whole body aches, actually) when weather is changing, or if there is lingering pressure in the air.

Friends always say, "You must feel so much better when it is sunny!". They don't understand when I say otherwise - probably think I am just moaning.

I have learned to appreciate the rain as I usually feel better when it comes!