I'm so lucky in my life

Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 28. Feb 2012, 02:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
How much luck can one guy have I’ve got Psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromalgia, Raynaud's phenomenon, ischemic heart disease, and COPD/ Emphysema. GP told me last week he thinks I have a thing called Scleroderma haven’t looked this one up yet, got to get bloods done and saved that for today as I was going to see the Lung consultant. Last month I had to go into hospital of night for some breathing tests a bit like a pajama party but your on your own, I was getting results from that today.
Anyway it seems I haven’t had enough good fortune so I now have Sleep Apnea to go with it all, it seems that during the tests I had I stopped breathing between 15 and 17 times an hour in my sleep during the 6 hours I slept. Got to start wearing a mask for bed don’t know anymore about it yet just need some sleep badly. It seems because of this I never go into a deep sleep and that’s why I feel so ill and tired all the time. As long as it helps I don’t mind. And at the moment I can’t cope with any more meds. I see the Rheumy on the 27 and back to the Lung guy on the 29th of this month. I know you want to call me lucky and yes I do seem to have more than my share of illnesses but give me a break.
Make lemons my ****
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly ((((())))) and secondly ((((())))). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Awwwwh Colin, poor u!!!! What a complete nightmare!!! You're right about not being able to have any more meds!! I do wonder sometimes if mixing all these meds together causes more problems!!

I do hope you get some sleep soon!! Take Care,

a040.gif
    LOVE EMMA X
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Colin.
    i'm sorry you have all that wrong. what did you do in your other life.
    you could be testing them out for when others get them.
    take care and try not to get anything else.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Aw dear Colin, scleroderma and sleep apnea to add to your long list. That is really a massive, massive blow and I am so sorry. Life can be so unfair. That is really too much for anyone to take on board on top of everything else. My heart goes out to you so much. You sound like such a lovely guy too and have been through so much already on your journey through life. You hardly ever complain considering you have so much to complain about. You are an example to us all. I wish I could take even some of it away from you.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hey are you working your way through the medical dictionary or what pal i do feel for you and can only send positive thoughts your way and ((())) to help you through wonder what next ?????????????????? val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    By eck fella.. That's no picnic... I'm sorry that you've added to the already stressful list.
    My old man uses one of those masks. Said he's sleeping a lot better than he was. He just looks like Darth Vader :shock:
    Best of luck rkid. You're always there to support us lot so I hope you know it's the same back matey..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Colin, you are an inspiration to me in the way that you retain your wonderful sense of humour despite everything that life throws at you.

I'm sorry to hear about your sleep problems on top of everything else, but hopefully you will feel less tired and ill once you start to wear the breathing mask. If you have been stopping breathing for 15 to 17 times, thank goodness you are still here.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Colin1
    There you go told you I was lucky look at all the nice replies

Hey Tony do you think they will give me a light sabre to go with it I can already feel the force don’t feel much else these days.

Joan I feel embarrassed now I’m nothing special just a guy trying to get on with it in the best way I can. I have met many special people on this site that’s why I always return here. Perhaps one day we should do a post for special people and why they are special to us and the site. I assure you ill be at the bottom of my list. There are so many brave people and so helpful.

Hey Val its a good job I never mentioned my wide open Pylorus or my tummy problems.

Elna you are so sweet and I thank you for kindness always you are such a thoughtful person and a Lady

Thanks Joan in my other life I must have been really bad or is this just a trial run

Thanks For that Ems I saw a dog like yours on Ebay and was going to send the details just like the one in your picture but its sold now £3.99 + post o yes it was an ornament but just like your profile pic.

DD don’t know what I’ve done to you your not often stuck for words Thanks love hope your feeling better than you have been
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Sorry you have so many troubles in your life.You don't deserve them.Despite all this your posts are funny and informative without taking the mick out of people and I look forward to reading them.

Long may you reign on the AC forum.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I'm quite sure that you wouldn't be at the bottom of any such list mate..

Regarding the light sabre.... Just don't wop it out in public :o:o:lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cheekygirl
    cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
    :( hi sorry to hear you got more bad news ,you really dont bloody need it i wish we could help you . i hope the mask helps you at least get some much needed sleep . we are all here if you just want to have a good old chat .i am sending you lots gentle hugs . take care x
  • lorraines
    lorraines Member Posts: 77
    Dear me what a strong person you must be to be coping with your problems I just wanted to send you hugs and hope the best of health as possible for you x x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    can i play light sabers with you always wanted to play them lol val
    val
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    You are a strong person i know Colin. May i ask a question Do you belong to any of the associations of the many differ ant illnesses you have?

I have been in nras, arthritis care, dyslexia for the kids. now autism i am looking into so have become a member.
    Joanne
    Joanne
  • elnafinn
    tkachev wrote:
    Sorry you have so many troubles in your life.You don't deserve them.Despite all this your posts are funny and informative without taking the mick out of people and I look forward to reading them.

Long may you reign on the AC forum.
    Elizabeth

Elna likes this.

Yes, long may you reign on the AC forum, Colin. You are a real asset here and were missed very much when, unfortunately, you were unable to call in.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    suncatcher wrote:
    You are a strong person i know Colin. May i ask a question Do you belong to any of the associations of the many differ ant illnesses you have?

I have been in nras, arthritis care, dyslexia for the kids. now autism i am looking into so have become a member.
    Joanne

Good luck Joanne. MY local autism support group has been a life line for me. We have regular coffee meets,even bingo, days out for the children and also some very useful talks are arranged. They help with school issues and DLA forms. They also have an annual trip to Brighton for parents which I love! I leave the kids with OH and packupmy troubles in my old kit bag.....

Hope the DLA forms are going well.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Colin1
    I'n not naming names but feel really red faced reading your replies this morning through my hung over eyes. You guys are really special its no wonder i keep returning to the the site. Over the years i feel i have really got to know many of you and at times like this when you really need an ego boost you guys are the best. I am surrounded by people who love and care for me but its only here i get true understanding. Thank you all for being there, now i'm going because i'm getting tearful you know what a big girls blouse i can be.
    Colin
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Colin, To suffer with so much and still come out the other side laughing and having fun your truely amazing! After reading what your having to deal with I wanted to send you a SUPER BIG ((((())))).
    Your one in a million and I love reading your funny posts!
    By the way you don't have to ask for a light sabre you men are born with them you just need to learn how to 'feel the force!' :lol: It takes time to learn to be a jedi master!! :wink::lol:

I to am glad to have this wonderful site that makes you feel that you have great friends. Thank goodness for AC!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I to am glad to have this wonderful site that makes you feel that you have great friends. Thank goodness for AC![/quote]

Hear hear!!

t2774.gif
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    No way are you a big girl's blouse Colin.

You are amazing, you have so much to contend with.
    I always click on your posts and messages to see what you are up to.

Love Kath x
  • elnafinn
    Dear Colin

Have a ball tonight at your big party. :D Enjoy being the star and wear your badge with pride. :D

Gentle hugs
    Elna x

• Colin1
    Hi all I tried to write early on today but the hangover got the better of me. Elna It wasen’t really my party it was a dinner night I went to in Preston to remember some Victoria Cross winners However my wife and some friends went with me and I knew all of the people there so it was a rather good opportunity to celebrate with some really great people.

Kath thanks for the kind words to this old timer it sure makes me feel good

Toni I don’t know about you but I tend to drift away when I’m better and if I’m having a bad time this is where you find me. But yes great people. You know I think I said the other day it doesent matter how much your loved and cared for, this is the only place where your really understood. AC really is a great place.

Hey Bubba thanks for the hug it feels good. Now I’m afraid my light sabre has more of an ambiance than a glow these days, as for feeling the force lol I just wish I had a feeling “I remember when I was a master” but hey I’m comfortable and I’m affable. Talk about fun I had a great night last night, Sometimes its hard to enjoy yourself when your unwell but I find a few brandy’s helps By the way I have been on the wagon for 6 years so it was extra nice this week.

Hey Joanne I do a bit for a couple of military associations and try to help where I can and when I can. I believe in trying to keep as active as I can although at times its difficult to do so. I am Secretary of one organisation, I raise funds for Combat stress, and I am events organiser and fund raiser for several other charities. I have slowed down a bit this year as its getting a bit much for me with the lung problems. I try not to think to much about the future because I don’t know what ill do if it gets to bad. Sitting in the chair watching TV is great for an hour or so but I need people and I need to be doing stuff.
    Once again thank you all so much you make me feel so humble
    Colin
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    You are an inspiration Colin :D amazing just amazing
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    suncatcher wrote:
    You are an inspiration Colin :D amazing just amazing

I agree 100%
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Colin1
    Hey Joan i agree to, but and i say but,
    we are all special in our own way and if you take your time through the posts you can see peoples personalities coming out, how people suffer and how they cope you only have to look at the jokers on the forum to see how they hide the pain, we are indeed a special group of people funny how you can feel a closness to people you never met i supose where a bit like pen pals. Some people can cope with lots of stuff some people find it hard to cope with the least of things but the one thing we have in common is that we all suffer.
    Colin