The weirdest co-co dream yet.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Feb 2012, 13:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had some doozies over the past few months (since stopping the steroids my consumption of these little darlings has risen, I'm averaging six a day now) but last night's was one of the worst.

Mr DD and me were sitting outside the café at the site of SS Great Britain in Bristol (we went there last year). We had just finished our lunch and I had eaten a mahoosive piece of poached cod. It was wonderful, thick, firm-yet-soft white flakes of flesh, and I sat back and thanked him for a lovely meal. Then I felt a bone in my mouth, fished about and pulled it out. Not long, but quite thick, like cod bones are. Then I felt another and repeated the action. Then another and another: soon as fast as I was pulling them out more were growing, literally growing from the roof of my mouth, and each successive bone was longer than the one before. :shock: Soon I couldn't close my mouth because of all the bones, and then they started growing through my tongue. :shock: It was unpleasant to say the least. I forced myself awake. I still feel unsettled. :?

(Compare this to the one on early Monday morning: I was in a garage, trying to find Daisy. She was buried/hidden in a huge pile of detritus, and I was trying to clear it all away, but as fast as I moved one thing two others would appear. Suddenly I'm confronted by a naked Harry Redknapp telling me that he would help. Yikes. (And before you ask I have NEVER seen HK in real life, let alone naked.)

I have recognised that I have these unsettling dreams if I take some co-cos between 3 and 5am, so I am now resolved to do without this top-up dose: two on retiring and that will be IT until the morning. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    must admit have stopped taking them about this time as well as the dreams were awfull and would feel shaken for most of next day. hope you are feeling much better now val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully leaving out the very early morning co-cos will help.

Tillyxxx
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    I woke up at 5am,aching and thought of taking a Co-co. After reading this I am glas I didn't. Thanks for the warning.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Never taken co co s ,i dont think i will.Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    My weirdest one was last week ; dreamt my daughter in law was attacking me , with cats ! Literally hitting me with assorted cats and as fast as the cats ran away she'd find some more to throw at me ! Thought it was brought on by my scared state after seeing " woman in black " at the cinema . Would like to point out that my d in law doesn't usually attack me ; at least not with cats ! Jillyb
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    I probably wouldn't know if it was the Co-co's anyway as I have always suffered from bad dreams and nightmares. I used to get night terrors when I was a child - now they are frightening. I can still remember how I felt even now.
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Having always been cursed with very vivid dreams all my life, I know what you mean about it unsettling you for ages after, DD - it takes me ages to recover from a really (seemingly) realistic dream and they're never pleasant dreams either. Its the reason why often I'd even rather lay awake in pain than take painkillers at night, because I'm always guaranteed to have bad dreams when they finally kick in.I think CoCodamol is known for inducing bad deams .
    Time they invented a painkiller that has us dreaming Ashton Kutcher or George Clooney has finally found us and is madly in love with us,and we're doing a Bo Derek and Dudley Moore on the beach with them...
    That would be a dream you wouldnt be desperate to wake up from...
    Maybe now you'll be off Fish&Chips for a while,lol. I know I would be.
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • dreamdaisy
    Right, firstly thank you all for your lovely answers and Puschinka, you could be onto summat there girl! Wouldn't it be great to have a range of dullers available so you could choose different dream dates? :D

I should make it clear that I am on the 30/500s, I have been for years and it is only recently that these things have been happening. It could be because I have upped the amount, it could be that they are reacting with the diclo that I have recently begun to take, it could be that I am losing whatever tolerance I had to them after such a long time of using them: I don't know, but please, PLEASE, those of you have not tried them and feel you need a stronger dose of summat to help you don't let this put you off. It is MY experience, it's been fine until I stopped the steroids, and I am sure I can sort it out. Someone has given me the excellent suggestion of taking my second diclo with my dinner as that may help me to get a better night and I reckon that is worth a trial. As for the fish - give it up? NEVER. It's my favourite food, I adore it, could happily live on it and if I win the Lottery I will. (Note to self, start dong the Lottery.) DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I don't think I'll be buying the Cloony-Kutcher dream tablets :shock: :lol: I hope they'll invent a blokes version too :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Right, I took a diclo at about 8pm, then two cocos on retiring (10.30ish). I woke as per normal every 90 minutes or so, but resisted the lure of the cocos as stuff wasn't tooo bad. :roll: Result? Another odd-ish dream around 5am, nothing too unsettling but oddly enough it was one where I was having trouble walking (usually I don't in dreamland). I shall try this procedure again tonight. Right, meth stabbing beckons. Woo-hoo. DD

PS. tjt? I am in talks with a leading drugs' manufacturer, we're putting me into a duller designed just for you, OK? :wink:
  • tjt6768
    that'll do for me, lol... :D:wink::lol:
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Right, I took a diclo at about 8pm, then two cocos on retiring (10.30ish). I woke as per normal every 90 minutes or so, but resisted the lure of the cocos as stuff wasn't tooo bad. :roll: Result? Another odd-ish dream around 5am, nothing too unsettling but oddly enough it was one where I was having trouble walking (usually I don't in dreamland). I shall try this procedure again tonight. Right, meth stabbing beckons. Woo-hoo. DD

PS. tjt? I am in talks with a leading drugs' manufacturer, we're putting me into a duller designed just for you, OK? :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi DD
    i hope you are getting on quite well today.
    i have taken co co's for over a year and i have never had a bad dream and i was taking 6 a day they are the effervescent tabs i have a problem swollowing tabs.
    i not taking so many this week the doctor gave me morphine granuals to try.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    morphine granuals :shock: can you make morphine gravy with them.. Lol
    Not heard of those before. Hope they work for you Joan :D
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi DD
    i hope you are getting on quite well today.
    i have taken co co's for over a year and i have never had a bad dream and i was taking 6 a day they are the effervescent tabs i have a problem swollowing tabs.
    i not taking so many this week the doctor gave me morphine granuals to try.
    joan xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I don't think I'll be buying the Cloony-Kutcher dream tablets :shock: :lol: I hope they'll invent a blokes version too :D:D

would be great if they did,the painduller component could be optional... :D
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    OMG DD I thought my dreams where bad.... :shock: and I have a phobia of fish bones...
    Love
    Barbara