Hello

Options
blueskies
blueskies Member Posts: 3
edited 24. Feb 2012, 04:30 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,
I'm 50 (how did that happen!! :lol: ) I have had OA in my hands and knees since my 20's but was manageable. Now over the last year I have developed it in my hips, toes, shoulders & elbows so having to learn to adapt more. Currently on meloxicam 15mg & Co-codomals.
I work fulltime but starting to struggle now.

I look forward to chatting to those who understand wot it's like having Arthur living with u!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    50? Thou art indeed a mere child, I will be 53 very soon. :shock: I'm sure there's some form of mis-counting somewhere! :)

Hello blueskies, it's lovely to meet you and I am glad you have found us. There are all sorts of arthritics on here, I have an immune-system based one which has led in turn to OA of the knees and ankles, so I can empathise with you. It's tough sometimes, isn't it? And certainly NOT FUN. I have 38 affected joints in total, but the OA pain is bt far the worst of the two as the meds are smothering the other one (for the most part). I used to work, in fact I still do but not really in a form that most would recognise as such! I am a self-employed tutor and see one or two pupils every day. Today is a one-lesson day, thank heavens. I am very tired and don't want to but . . . . . I will not give in. And I need the money! :) Haev a look round and I hope to see your name here and there - don't be afraid to join in on any conversation that takes your fancy. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elishapearcex
    elishapearcex Member Posts: 48
    Options
    hi im 16 and know how you feel, i possibly have RA in my knees as i currently have it in my ankles and right wrist. hope you feel okay and that your not in any pain.

elisha xxxxxx
    live life to the full and done let anything bring you down!!!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Blueskies

l love your username :)

Like a few on here you got your OA very young...l had back issues from my 20's too and have added inflammatory to the mix more recently!

l hope you will enjoy the forums as much as l do.

Love

Toni xxx