Mike from Perth here.

MickyLuv
MickyLuv Member Posts: 35
edited 4. Mar 2012, 03:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I'm Mike. I'll be 65 tomorrow and seem to be getting way too arthritic for such a young 'un. Still there's nothing like a bit of pain and suffering to stimulate the interest, even if it's mainly self-interest.

I do have loads of questions though and will be very glad to tell of my own experiences, which sometimes may be of help to others.

Like the 'Bobbies' of old, I think our NHS GPs are wonderful and I put scanty information transfer of the 'Tips and tricks' variety down to my poor communication skills when consulting the doctor. My attempt to overcome this by writing him letters has been partially successful but that's another story.

Anyway, I'll now go to other sections of the forum to participate in the discussions there. Cheerio.
Kind Regards,
Mike

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi MickyLuv and welcome to the forum though I'm sorry you had to find us.

Please join in anywhere you like. Arthritis questions are best put on Living With Arthritis. That and Chit Chat is where most of us hang out. Hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Mike
    Welcome to the forum and as sticky said,sorry you had to find us.We are a friendly and supportive crowd here on the forum and full of info gained from first hand experiences.
    Hope you find the site useful (and sometimes a bit mad on the Chit Chat forum) and never hesitate asking questions or sometimes just have a good moan.There's always someone there to listen.......... :!:
    Ron
    (65 last month!)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • MickyLuv
    MickyLuv Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the kind welcome stickyWicket and prefabkid.
    I've rushed in all excited but I'll get the hang of things soon I hope and start posting things in the right places.
    Mike
    Kind Regards,
    Mike
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You are in the right place, Mike. But do wander around and join in anywhere. Don't wait to be asked!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hey Mike :D

a quick hello from me too!

l do hope you will find these forums as helpful as l have over the years. and look forward to hearing some of your top-tips too :wink:

Love

Toni xx