resusjan Member Posts: 290
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear DD,

Hope you feel better soon xxxx
    Jan
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I just want to add my good wishes for a speedy recovery, DD. I hope you will feel better soon.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I hope you're starting to feel a bit more normal this morning DD. Tummy bugs are horrible things and leave you very drained. I had one back in January and it nearly wiped me out.
    big hugs. Rita.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning DD
    Hope you are feeling a bit better and less drained than yesterday

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope today is better for you.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning my lovely

Hope you had a reasonable nights sleep and that today you are feeling much better.
    Take care, and keep resting
    Love Juliepf xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    ey up lass :D
    Hope today will be a better day for you hun.
    We are here if you need us :wink:
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    (To be read whilst hearing the dulcet tones of Dr Nick from the Simpsons)

Hello Everybody!

It's me, a rather gloomy-eyeorish-droopy-wilting-wrungout-feeble DD here. Ye gods, what a torrid Sunday afternoon, evening and night, yesterday was a little better but this morning: :shock: I have had a hot water bottle clutched to my stomach since 6pm Sunday (hot flushes? What hot flushes? I'm cold!) and my tummy continues to cramp like a good 'un. I am basically consuming water, the occasional full-fat Coke, Walkers Baked Crisps (not posh at all, bless you pf!) and it's not even a blasted flare! :lol: Mr DD did do a lovely supper last night, baked chicken breast with wholemeal pasta (I was really fancying King Prawn Chow Mein with sweet and sour sauce - I know, I know) but his version of supper was much better for me. At least I felt like eating summat, which was nice. :wink:

As for this morning, well, things ain't that wonderful. I will not go into full detail but I am monitoring things closely (I've become quite Germanic in examing my 'leavings' :lol: ) and I know what to do if I am not happy with the way things are going. I spoke to a lovely GP from my practice yesterday, who actually grasped the implications of being immuno-suppressed (bless him) and was very helpful viz the meds: I am off everything (apart from omep and co-cos) until maybe Thursday and then I can resume my drugs consumption very slowly. I am to begin with the Ramopril alone (two or three days) then if things are OK to add in the Bendro, then after a while to gradually re-introduce the sulph, then the Citalopram. The diclo has a question mark hanging over it. He and I both agreed that it is a bug (there are loads around here at the moment and of course I see germ factories on a daily basis - sorry, I mean children) and I have grown rather lax in my sanitising routines: I have learned my lesson. I have dug out my Haz-mat suit from under the stairs and re-introduced the bowl of disinfectant on the doorstep that all must tread in before they gain entrance. And then there's the spray. :shock:

My joints, bless 'em, realised that perhaps they should not be too antsy on Sunday and Monday, but now they are letting me know they are about. I took a couple of co-cos yesterday, and another two at 9.15 this morning. So far so good (inasmuch as they haven't shot out the other end, still intact, which is surely a good sign). Physically and emotionally I am a severely DepletedDaisy, so I will languish for another day in this messy heap that is a serious rival to Ms Emin's attempt at art.

I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for all your good wishes, kind thoughts and messages galore. What a lovely bunch of folk you are and I am very, very fortunate to have 'met' you all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Oh DD!!
    What a few days you have had! I am very impressed that your `germ factories` are so good at sharing!! They are good like that aren`t they?!
    I hope that you manage to eat something again today, Mr DD sounds like a veritable Jamie Oliver (insert name of any other chef as preferred)
    Have a duvet day, keep warm, keep hydrated and I hope you feel better soon xx
    NB
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Morning DD, hope you're feeling better. You are amazing, how you manage to keep a sense of humour I don't know!
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Well...pleased you are well enough to type to us.......thank you for that....great to hear from you.
    What a horrible couple of days you have had......Bless Mr DD....is he still off work?
    Just relax and have a duvet day or 2 or 3 or more :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello DD

I know you know this, but just wanted to say that I am thinking of you lots and hoping this nasty whatever it is sorts itself out - and very soon!

Lots love and ((()))s

Tillyxxx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Hi DD,
    Your sense of humour never falters....good for you.

I do hope you improve soon....nice to see you posting.

May
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    So sorry to hear you are so poorly DD. After being so pleased the other day when you had a good trip out to the shops!!!

You are so supportive of everyone on this site that you deserve all the concerned messages you have received and i hope they have made you feel a little better!

Take Care of yourself and get better quick :D

big18.gif
    LOVE EMMA X
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hi DD.
    Thank you for letting us know how you are.i'm very sorry that the nasty germ had to find is way to you i hope it leaves you
    as quick as it came.
    i hope you will soon be feeling better.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh DD youre my hero.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Crikey Mig, am I really? :shock: Do you seriously picture me as a sooty fireman cradling a rescued puppy? :shock: I see me much more as a Lara Croft- crossed-with-Jessica Rabbit type! :lol: As for the sense of humour well, life is ridiculous and surely you can't help but laugh. I find it helps and I have had some wondrous giggles with people over the past couple of days, the main one coming from my mate Wendy who solemnly informed me that one of her dogs has his own hot water bottle, complete with an Eyeore cover. :shock: :lol:

I managed to rescue Daisy from the MOT centre, stop off at the Co-op for a paper and drive her home without once having to cross my legs (so-to-speak). Things are looking up. Maybe. I had to crawl back into bed after, but I am now feeling better and ready to tackle some washing. Well, I won't tackle it, the machine will. Dinner tonight will be my favourite, minus the ketchup and white wine. Damn. Actually I don't care. :shock: Yup, I'm properly poorly. :roll: And two kilos lighter! Woo-hoo! :D DD
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Sorry not to have posted, but am glad to hear you are brighter. They knock you for six these bugs, so take it easy.

Maybe you could shower the little darlings in disinfectant before they enter :shock: :lol:
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    I love your sense of humour DD !!! Lovely to see you posting again. Rest up and keep getting better. Best wishes - hope you get your strength back real soon.
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Get a grip DD A brewery near you Needs you Shares are plummeting Get well soon :wink::wink::wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi DD,

Sorry i been AWOL and haven't posted before.

Forgive me i have not been able to read all the posts... not much left in my eyes tonight now.

I nearly used you name thee but I do hope your a lot better by the time you see this.

You remember that deep down Eeyore was ok and a much loved character (he was my favorite) but like you I have been living in the corner of a dark field in a house made of sticks and guess what.... there ain't room or us both so out you get :lol:

Could get Pooh and Piglet to build us an extension i guess....

Remember the power of drifting/ meditation when your down my friend... Music is my 'cure' sometimes and the stick house has some good stereo in it :wink: Playing Yes just now actually..... after the tablets I just took it helps :lol:

I really do hope the dawn will bring you a decent day and a much improved body.

hang in there flower and leaving you a bucket of hopes, stamina, cure all and love, with a side dish of copes and spring flower. Cris xx
  • hileena111
    Morning DD
    Just popping in to see how you are this morning.
    I have just read your last post and you sounded much better. :D
    Hope you didnt overdo it??? :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Sending big hugs ((((((((((X)))))))))) Hope you feel better soon.xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Skezier, how lovely to hear from you and bless you for taking the time to reply. All your offerings have helped: I am now in the danger zone known as 'feeling much better' - that is always a minefield, yes? I have to go and get my meth from the hospital and I will do one lesson this afternoon (I reckon I'm germ-free unlike the nuclear germ brewery that will walk through the front door at 4.30pm. :roll: ).

It's true, I think I'm done with it all. :) Caution, however, will be my companion for today and tomorrow, as we are going away on Friday. I have been looking forward to this break soooooo much I am determined to get there come hell or high water - I've done the hell bit, now it's the high water part! Once again, thanks to all for your lovely messages. DD

PS Tonesp? I suspect my iminent birthday will be 'dry' but Mr DD's (the next day) might be celebrated with a half. :shock:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi girl so glad things getting back to normal . spent yesterday evening well you know and got heck of a sore throat just tried some toast to see how settled things are and to decide wether or not to take meds so it lovely to hear you out the other side have good day val
    val