Hello - brave enough to say hi after 10 years of RA!

Nixxy
Nixxy Member Posts: 23
edited 4. Mar 2012, 03:29 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone! I'm 32 years old and got diagnosed 10 years ago whilst at uni. I dont know anyone with RA or similiar and find it quite hard to talk about so here goes!

Could really do with a little support and hope just knowing I'm not alone will really help. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Nix
There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.
Orison Swett Marden

Comments

• resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nixxy

Welcome to the forum. You now know lots of people with RA and you can talk to us anytime you want. The people on here are fab. I was diagnosed with RA last year -they have helped me through a horrible time and allowed me to generally moan and whinge about anything that has been bothering me.

I can fully understand the feelings of isolation and not having anyone to talk to about your worries and concerns - this is the place to be.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Jan x
  • Nixxy
    Thanks Jan!

I've started my day with a smile now!

Hope to chat to you at some point and hope the next steps in your journey aren't too painful, literally and figuratively!

Nix :D
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.
    Orison Swett Marden
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Nix and welcome from me too!

Like you I had never joined a forum before and had felt very on my own with my RA for many years before I found the AC forum and plucked up courage to join. As you have probably sussed, the Living with Arthritis (LWA) and Chit-Chat forums are the busiest and posts on either of those will be seen by more people. Please feel free to join in anywhere - we are a friendly bunch and you will be made very welcome.

Tillyxxx
  • Dazztee
    Dazztee Member Posts: 17
    Hi nixxy , new myself, newly diagnosed with RA, still sinking in really guess its good to talk to others, havnt done much chattin myself yet but joinings a start isnt it
  • Nixxy
    Hi Dazztee,

Talking is good, even better when people understand. After 10 years I hope there's a lot that I understand by now! Please do get in touch if you'd like to chat, you can always pm me.

Nixxy
    Orison Swett Marden
  • Dazztee
    Dazztee Member Posts: 17
    yes i have pm d you
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Nixxy

just a quick hello form me to you too :)

Lovely to meet you and hope to see you posting around and about.

Love

Toni xx