How long should it take an employer

Emily
Emily Member Posts: 124
Had access to work do an assessment for me in 2010, they said that I need a special equipment but my company has not purchased it. Now they are saying that they are in the process of purchasing it but it will take time for the process of purchasing of the equipment.

How long should it take a large company to get funds for a small piece of equipment of less than £300 to purcahsing a much needed equipment. :x :x :x

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    A large organisation? I'm not surprised that it takes a long time. It took NHS 2 months to get me a chair, even longer for my wheelchair.

Access to work I don't think can force a company to get the equipment as such, the OT told me that when I had my assessment but it may have changed since. Ring your Access to work advisor maybe?

Good luck

Janie
  • Emily
    delboy wrote:
    1 week tops. Contact Access to Work and tell them the company hasn't complied and you'll have your stuff in hours.
    Thanks delboy, access to work knows that they have not complied. Also, firm now what to change my job and the assessment that was done will not apply anymore as my condition has got worse and access to work will probably have to do another assessment for me. Company will not be very happy with that when I tell them. Maybe they will stop this happening this. :x :x :x :x They want me to use equipment from another part of the business which I was not assessed for, what a mean group they are....

I think I will write to work and tell work that I will have to have another assessment done as the equipment that they did not get me is out of date as my condition has got worse.
    Apparently they will have to pay for the equipment and equipment. I cannot understand it as it now over 6 months since the assessment was done.
    :x :x :x
  • Emily
    janie68 wrote:
    A large organisation? I'm not surprised that it takes a long time. It took NHS 2 months to get me a chair, even longer for my wheelchair.

Access to work I don't think can force a company to get the equipment as such, the OT told me that when I had my assessment but it may have changed since. Ring your Access to work advisor maybe?

Good luck

Janie

I contaced Access to Work that I did my inital assessment I their email report from their report that they made for me. They said it has changed in 2010.
    I will have to contact them again Access to Work as my condition got worse since the last assessment was done and my employer has planned new duties for me. Another assessment will need to be done whcih could end up more expensive than the first one also it may involved getting desk changed as well... :|:|
  • Emily
    thanks delboy, my firm does not want to make the purcahse, they have had the instructions from A2W for such a long time now, I am currently sign off until the make the adjustment for me, but they rushing me back to work on the basis that they will supply the equipment that i need from another part of the organisation. they are a big retail firm so they should have no problems in making the purchase if they wanted to. They do not want to so they do not mind staff suffering from a disability so long as they are working, does not matter to them how much pain you are in as long as they are making a big fat profit. Their excuse now is it is taking them time to get the finances for the purchase.

I am not going back to work until the equipment is in place for me.
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    You do right not to go back to work until the adjustments have been made.

Keep on at A2W and your Manager until they give you the equipment that you need.

Don't stop fighting this Emily.

Take Care

Pink x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Good for you Pink, I'm glad you are sticking up for yourself

Janie
  • Emily
    You do right not to go back to work until the adjustments have been made.

Keep on at A2W and your Manager until they give you the equipment that you need.

Don't stop fighting this Emily.

Take Care

Pink x

Not going back to work until they make adjustments for me, I contacted access to work again and told them that they adjustment was not put in place for me by employer, I made another application for more equipment and I am very sure employer will not be happy about that. It is not certain that my new application will be accepted by A2W but there is no harm in trying.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i work for an office furniture and machine supplier it takes us about two days to get furniture in and couple of days to deliver and erect so a week tops is all it should take even specialized stuff only a couple of weeks tops
    val
  • Emily
    These people are taking the p*** as far as I can see, they have no intention of getting the equipment that was recommended for me. I will keep on them.

I told them that I had asked for another adjustment and they would have to buy more equipment for me and now I have received a letter from them saying that they will have to change the arrangement that we discussed at last meeting. Goes to show how concerned they are about staff it is not a small company either, it is ‘your’ big retailer.
    Also, they do not want to spend money on disability staff at all either by sending them to staff to OH as it cost them money.
    Manager also said the last meeting that she has contacted OH by telephone helpline and they are happy with the adjustment that is being made for me.

I see my GP and face to face and is not happy with the adjustments so why should I be happy with my manager say over the phone to an OH manager must transferring my medical details over the phone to their OH and must be breaking some law as I did not give me permission for manager to discuss my medical conditon over the phone to others outside OH people.

Does anyone have any idea on this please.