Hi from Teesside

applerose
applerose Member Posts: 3,621
edited 19. Mar 2012, 16:50 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone. Just found this site this morning. I used to go on another one a while back but it seems to have disappeared.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with RA. I've tried a couple of meds but they didn't agree with me so it's paracetamol when I feel I need it. Have been asked to choose one from 2 others but not decided yet.

Working as a housekeeper. Don't like the job but bills need to be paid and the rheumatologist said it's a good job to have as it keeps me active.

Used to do half marathons but my feet have been too painful but I am still hoping to get back in to it.
Christine

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome applerose.

Glad you have found us - we are a friendly bunch and you will be made very welcome.

What meds have you tried/are considering trying? Unfortunately with RA meds of one sort or another are a certaintly, to try to damp down inflammation and slow the disease progress/possible joint damage.

The Living with Arthritis (LWA) and Chit-Chat forums tend to be the ones where most people look so any posts there will probably get more replies.

Anyhoo, welcome again and look forward to seeing you posting.

Tilly (another RA'er) xxx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi applerose (lovely name, by the way!),

Good that you've arrived here! I'm a bit of a newbie too, but already I've got the impression that this is a very friendly and helpful place to be.

I have psoriatic arthritis, but I've been told it's of a type that resembles RA. So no doubt we've tried similar meds.

Hope to see you around,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Applerose

glad you have found us and to welcome you to our forums.

I hope you enjoy them as much as l do.

Love

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    welcome from me too.. Hope you're not suffering too much today.. :D
    applerose wrote:
    Hi everyone. Just found this site this morning. I used to go on another one a while back but it seems to have disappeared.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with RA. I've tried a couple of meds but they didn't agree with me so it's paracetamol when I feel I need it. Have been asked to choose one from 2 others but not decided yet.

Working as a housekeeper. Don't like the job but bills need to be paid and the rheumatologist said it's a good job to have as it keeps me active.

Used to do half marathons but my feet have been too painful but I am still hoping to get back in to it.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
    Christine
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Applerose and another warm welcome from me.
    ((((x))))
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • applerose
    Hi CJ.
    Christine
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    HI A welcome to the forum
    Colin