Going from full-time to part-time

Cazquiff
Cazquiff Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I've been diagnosed with RA now for 8 years and I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to drop my hours at work.

However, I know my boss will balk at this idea and I wondered if anyone has any good ways of wording what I say so it doesn't sound like I'm just wanting to skive!

Thanks in advance,
:)

Comments

• Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Does your employer know about your RA, if so, then this can be classed as adjustment for your disability. Your employer must comply or you can get access to work to do assessment for you.
  • Cazquiff
    Hi Emily,
    Yes my employer knows about my RA.
    I guess they will be more bothered about the service suffering than my health.

But might broach the subject next week...

Wish me luck.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Good luck with it. I worried about broaching my headteacher with the same request this time last year, but she agreed and it's made my life so much more manageable. Hope it works out for you too.

Deb x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Cazquiff wrote:
    Hi Emily,
    Yes my employer knows about my RA.
    I guess they will be more bothered about the service suffering than my health.

But might broach the subject next week...

Wish me luck.

what about job share ????? will they go for that and gives them extra cover for holidays ?????
    val
  • Cazquiff
    Computer says no!

Apparently me being off for one day a aweek would cause too much disurption for the service. My post is too crucial blah, blah, blah.....
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Would working from home solve that issue? Is it possible with what you do? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kittiwake
    kittiwake Member Posts: 2
    i agree if poss do some work form home or try a job share, however it depends on what employment you have if this is realistic. I currently job share which has helped me but not my pocket :roll:
    Always laugh when you can. It is cheaper than medicine…