Hello :)

ValOrient
ValOrient Member Posts: 16
edited 19. Mar 2012, 16:38 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all
This is not my first posting as I have already been seeking advice in one of the other sections, but I thought I would do the formal stuff here. Here goes...

I am Val, 46 (but 18 in my head), have suffered with OA in neck since late twenties and now have it in hands and wrists for last 6 or so years. I also have Raynauds syndrome (so winter cold is not nice for either OA or RS!). I am married to Ian, with one son Chris who is 22 and a stepson aged 30 and a stepduaghter aged 33. I am step-nan to 2 beautiful grandsons aged 11 and 5.

I used to work in offices/on reception but my last company relocated out of town, and it coincided with my husband becoming more ill I decided to stop work to become his full time carer. He has chronic back pain from an accident at work in 1998 and he has now been told by his consultant that he has permanent nerve damage. I am now 2/3 of the way through an OU degree in Social Policy and Criminology. I can't recommend the OU highly enough for their help, installing voice-recognition software on my pc along with comb-bound books and allowing me to use my own pc at home for exams.

Husband and I are season-ticket holders at Leyton Orient fc which is a curse, not a blessing :D

I also love live music and go to see as many bands as possible (pub gigs as well as bigger venues).

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi ValOrient and welcome to the forum.We are a very understanding and supportive crowd here on the forum.
    Our knowledge of RA,OA etc. is gained from personal experiences.Most members hang about on the LWA forum,any questions please post.If you want a bit of light relief there is always the Chit Chat forum!
    Regards
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi val

what a busy life you lead!!

Lovely to meet you although l am sorry you had to find us l reckon you will be glad you joined.

I am a Mum amd stepMum too so one day l might be a stepgrandmother :shock: Wow!!

Sorry about your husband's back - l can sympathise there too as l have had surgery on mine and have nerve damage myself....

Love

toni xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hi Val and welcome i did see you other post
    nice to meet you catch you on the Forum
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE