27 and undiagnosed, but very frustrated!!!

Options
jimmydave937911
jimmydave937911 Member Posts: 11
edited 9. Apr 2012, 17:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hi All,

Just thought i'd say hello to everyone. I have just post a thread on the "Living with arthritis" section about 'my story so far'. As mentioned above, I haven't actually been diagnosed with anything specific yet but the rheumy thinks it's anklosing spondilitis and I think it's reactive arthritis... but after a year i'm still no further forward!!!

Hopefully speak to some of you soon!

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Darwin
    Darwin Member Posts: 45
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rob

Your story sounds very much the same as mine.
    I am also 27years old and a year ago very fit and very healthy. I ran two half marathons last year and played alot of sports.
    I now get pain in all of my joints in my body when I was looking on the net for answers I also thought I may have reactive arthritis or maybe fibromyalgia.
    I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about a month ago now.
    I have never really had much psoriasis but have just started to get more on my scalp.
    Has anyone in your family got psoriasis?
    Just a thought because like I said your story does sound very much like mine.
    Hope you get it sorted soon whatever it is.

Darwin.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Think we have met on LWA, but just incase a hello from me and l hope you get some answers soon.

Love

toni xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Rob and welcome to the forum i read you question on indomethacin and it not something i have used but it is used for many problems as it reduces inflamation. Just wanted to say hi and catch you round the forum
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tracey40
    tracey40 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    hi rob, i know exactly how you feel, ive just recently been diagnosed with cervical spondilitis, but hace suffered for years with one pain and another, it makes it a little easier to live with when you know what you are dealing with believe me, ive bought a tens machine to help with the pain, and it works great, hopefully you will be diagnosed soon, and then yoiu can get on with manging the pain, there are lots of ways with that, hopefully i helped alittle, love tracey x