tingling in legs and arms and dizziness

lynnmick
lynnmick Member Posts: 72
Hi there,
I was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis and soft tissue rheumatism last year by my rheumy, although my symptoms had been showing for almost 2 years, subsequently i am left with a deformed elbow, permanently swollen wrist, finger arthritis and neck arthritis. I am now taking Plaquenil 400 mg daily and have been for a year, also naproxen, co codamol 30/500. My main concern at the moment is my neck symptoms, i have constant pain, and the dizziness drives me to despair, in bed at night i feel like i have a hangover and the room spins, for the last 2 days i have had an unusual tingling like pins and needles in both arms, both hands and bottom of my legs. I'm just wondering what you guys think and is it a pretty normal symptom with neck arthritis. Would be grateful if you would give me your thoughts. thanks Lynn

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi i am a member of forum and not part of help line team but i think an appointment with gp is in order just to get it checked out we do tend to put everything down to arther and it some times wise to get it checked they might send you to physio for exercises to help if muscles are in spasam (it very painfull) good luck val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Lynn

I am another member of the forum and too suggest that you should discuss these symptoms with your gp. I had similar symptoms, minus the dizziness, along with noticing changes in my gait too. At first I was told to go away and take an over the counter painkiller. :roll: I admit I was upset at the gps response and I was back in a week to say this was not working. I asked to be referred and on having an mri it was revealed that two vertebrae were pressing on my spinal cord. I had an op to stop further damage taking place. That is my story in a nutshell, so I would suggest seeking medical advice if experiencing any/all of these symptoms.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hello Lynn,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find that any questions you post will get lots of helpful responses. The support on here is second to none and the community is growing. The particular concern you've brought today is the kind where we can signpost you and try to offer support, but can't give you advice as it's very medical.

As fellow forum members have mentioned the GP already I'll take that as read, another option open is to raise this with your rheumatology nurse - or anyone else medically qualified in their team. As you've already got a diagnosis of arthritis affecting your neck, it's an area which your rheumatology team will be monitoring already. Neck arthritis can sometimes be associated with sensations like dizzyness, but to be on the safe side someone medically qualified would need to look into it to reassure you properly.

If other possible causes have already been ruled out and your concern is more to do with your quality of life and managing a very difficult time then you are welcome ring us for some informal support. We can post you more information on managing arthritis in the neck if you'd like (just email your name and address to helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk or Private Message us. Managing acute neck pain can be really difficult and we really appreciate that this must be hard right now - so do get in touch if you'd like to.

Here's a link on neck arthritis in the meantime http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/neck-pain.aspx

I hope that's helpful

all the best
    Guy
  • lynnmick
    Thanks for all your information and words of support, sometimes with this illness you feel quite lonely even if you have supportive people around you . I will make a doctors appointment for next week and see what he says, he is usually pretty good, and has been my doctor for 30 years. I have looked at the information by clicking on the link that you provided thank you. I would like to receive some info on managing my neck arthritis but don't quite know how to send a private message to receive it.

Thanks again i am very grateful
    Lynn
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    look at pm button below the help line post click on that and carry on
    val
  • lynnmick
    have done that i hope its worked fingers crossed