Active DA ? and side effects of Pregablin

Options
Andreask
Andreask Member Posts: 6
Hi
i'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with Lupus 5 years ago and have recently found out I've also got sero negative RA. I started taking Pregablin 5 weeks ago and have developed a slight stammer but now also have tingling in my arms and hands. Should I be worried..my GP didn't seem too concerned when I saw her yesterday. However my main query is that I was referred for a blood test and the clinical details quoted on the referral slip show "Active DA". I can't find any reference to this anywhere. Can anyone tell me what it means?
Thanks

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Andreask and welcome to the forum. I’m not a member of the Helpline Team . Please see note below

I’ve never had the med you mention so I can’t comment on potential side-effects but, if you copy this thread to the Living With Arthritis forum, I know others on there take it and might be able to help.

As for the Active DA on your blood test, I think it simply means Disease Activity.

Amended because the helplines team do look after their forum Chat to Helplines every weekend, and all the Bank Holidays.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Hi I take Pregablin along with other stuff and I sometimes forget my words in mid sentance, seems I know what I want to say but can't remember the words to say it.
  • Andreask
    Andreask Member Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for that x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    Hi andreask

Thanks for your posting.

We dont know what your doctor may have meant by 'Active DA' . It may be best to ask the person who wrote this, GP or rheumatology clinic (if you attend one).

For information on Pregabalin and its possible side effects see http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/selectorshow.aspx?medicine=pregabalin.

You are welcome to ring our helplines on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat about your current condition.

Reagrds

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    lululu wrote:
    Hi I take Pregablin along with other stuff and I sometimes forget my words in mid sentance, seems I know what I want to say but can't remember the words to say it.

I was like this before i started taking the pregab last week, I have noticed the stammer getting longer and the sentence pause is greater. I will cope with that as the pain is less.

Hope you find things ease, but do keep your doc up to date with any changes which may cause you concern.
    Take care.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    Andreask wrote:
    Hi
    i'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with Lupus 5 years ago and have recently found out I've also got sero negative RA. I started taking Pregablin 5 weeks ago and have developed a slight stammer but now also have tingling in my arms and hands. Should I be worried..my GP didn't seem too concerned when I saw her yesterday. However my main query is that I was referred for a blood test and the clinical details quoted on the referral slip show "Active DA". I can't find any reference to this anywhere. Can anyone tell me what it means?
    Thanks

Hi Andreask

Some people will always experience strange side effects from certain drugs and it may even be a combination of medication that can cause strange effects. It may be worth consulting your pharmacist who will know exactly what you are taking and ask them if the combination of what you are on can cause the side effects you are experiencing. They can also look up rare side effects for you and possibly fill in a card to report it.

Re -'Active DA' - It may be worth a second look at the referral slip in case the handwriting (if it was hand written) may have said Active RA - which would mean active Rheumatoid Arthritis - you know how doctors handwriting can be :roll:

If you wish to discuss anything please feel free to give us a call.

Best wishes

Simona
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi Andrea,
    If you are still about - I have just searched for Active DA and it stands for
    Active Degenerative Arthritis.
    Hope this helps.
    Polly