It's me again!!!!

wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 3. Apr 2012, 08:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well we are now in week 2 of hi / op had my first physio session yesterday which nearly killed me. I have 8 exercises to do 3x a day each one 10 times I got home and rested and then came to move and couldn't the physio said we are awakening the muscles again it felt like I was in a nightmare I then had a shocking nights sleep and ended up popping painkillers, I did fall asleep eventually and then I did feel better. Although today I have done the exercises I am surprised I feel ok. Bring on tomorrow I say Wx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Wendy!!!

Fantastic to hear from you :D

Sounds as though all has gone well and you are doing everything as you should.

Poor muscles :shock: Poor Wend :shock:

I am sure you are taking it easy and wish you a speedy recovery :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That's a great attitude, wendro. I do hope things improve asap. But don't start on the housework for some time yet. :) Your body needs the rest time to recover from the exercises. Then more exercises :roll: Worth it though in the end.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Heya Wendy,

Don't overdo it either cos your poor muscles are probably in shock. It's great you have physio support as I know so many people that ended up with no real help other than a sheet of badly photocopied exercises.

I now popping the old painkillers is kinda annoying but there's no need to suffer plus it will put you off the exercises.

Really pleased its going so well.

Fols xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    IS Sticky suggesting that we.......

d027.gif

AKA the housework fairies.....

d022.gif

pop round....

e010.gif

to help out???
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Wendy glad your doing well recovering from your op and your doing a few things but don't try to run before you can walk as they say!! :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    frogmorton wrote:
    IS Sticky suggesting that we.......

d027.gif

AKA the housework fairies.....

d022.gif

pop round....

e010.gif

to help out???

:shock: Definitely not, frog. i do sympathy, not housework. :P Hope it's still going well, wendgro.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Wendy, Am so glad things are going well for you. You keep up with ya excersises just dont overdo it :)

Take care.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg