Need so film suggestions

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 25. Apr 2012, 05:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Im bored and in pain on a saturday night and have run out of dvd's to watch in bed,its time i brought some new ones,has anyone got some suggestions for some great sci-fi fantasy films??? or just a good film!!

smiley-sw018.gif

Comments

• peridotlouise
    peridotlouise Member Posts: 81
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    scott pilgrim vs the world is a great fantasy film...
    inception
    tron
    x men: first class

I really want to see The Hunger Games which is out at the cinema, just finished reading the book!
  • katknapp
    yes i want to see the hunger games too,apparently its very good,ive just ordered the book,...ive just ordered inception too along with fifth element(an oldy but still good!) :)
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    chronicles of Riddick..
    pitch black..
    good sci-fi films
  • katknapp
    i forgot to say i am a coward so dont like blood and gore,i will have a look at pitch black but even the title sounds scary :(

smiley-scared004.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Katnapp

l is scared of sci-fi too :shock: :oops: Oddly enough the bookd l read are pretty scary and gorey...

Serioulsy hope you found some good films :)

Love

Toni xx
  • katknapp
    i know frogmorton lol,i read fantasy and some can be a bit gory and i dont mind that but i cant watch it on tv lol,i think im more swords and sorcery than outright space and aliens,the few films i have ordered lately have been disappointing i got witchville what a pile of c**p that was!!! season of the witch though is quite good although nic cage seems to look more confused than concerned :lol: cant beat a bit of star wars though!

starwars.gif
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    'Jumper' is a great film not gory either, and of course the 'Twilight films', and I love the 'Blade movies' and 'Underworld films'. Hope that gives you some help!!
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Captain America is a fantastic sci fi with lots of humour and action. You'd love it.
  • aleenajoe
    aleenajoe Member Posts: 3
    The films which are discussed here are very nice and interesting movies, I haven't seen the films but i heard mostly about these..
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    I constantly choose rubbish films ..so hope to find some good suggestions here too.
    Its Saturdays for me too Katknap.
    Day of rest from the trials and tribs of getting up all week.
    But I never find the things I'm looking for.
    Good luck.
    Ruby
  • katknapp
    I have ordered a couple of classics that i have actually not watched...waterworld,it was panned when it came out but a lot of my friends have said its quite good,the sword of xanten its foriegn but i wont hold that against the film :) ,timeline,brazil and the book of eli,so i should have something good to watch amongst those,will keep you posted on whats good and whats not!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Kat...

Some good ones.. (some old, some new)

Meet Joe Black (best love film in my opinion)
    All the X-Men movies
    Highlander (my fave all time film)
    Watchmen
    Four Lions
    Thor
    Ray (think that's what it is, it's the Ray Charles story)
    The remains of the day
    Fantastic Four films, all of em..
    I have sooo many but I'm afraid most of them have plenty of blood in em :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Ray's a great movie, watched it the other night it was on ITV, Think Jamie Fox is a brill actor in that film with a great voice.