The Good ship Skylark

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 24. Apr 2012, 11:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Eh up all thought I'd pop back on to see how things are going on here these days?, so how's the forum going?, is it as mad as ever or has it calmed down slightly these days??.

Mell

Comments

• katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    welcome back! i have only just started coming back on,it seems ok not that i know what was going on in the first place to make everyone leave :?
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Hi Mell
    Nice to see you posting - I havent been on much myself (no one seems to have noticed!!)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Mell. You're missed on here ya soft southern :shock: lol
    Things seem good. I've not been about too much but it's cool and the gang rkid.
    Now all I ned to do is think of summat you can boil ya spleen over, just like the good old days heehee..
    Welcome back matey.. :D
    Oneday, I'm sure that's not true :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    good you are back,lots of new folk about!! Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome back, mel. Always room for one more mad man :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mellman01
    Hi all thanks for the replies, just re-varnishing me work tops which are now drying so thought I'd pop back on, you and me are the same oneday kind of went off into the cyber void for a bit, for me it was all the carrying on last time kind of kicked me into a hi orbit and I've only just really started to come back down from then!.
    So Tony you've been holding fort have you?, good on ya I knew you'd not flintch, your way to ard for other folk ya big northern pit prop!. :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mell it good to have you back spleen and all...now can you keep that Tony in order please. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    keep tony in order no chance he is a southern softy you know and that tony well he nothing soft from what we seen.
    great to see you post pal vent all you want val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    You've only been gone 7 days!

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Welcome back Mel, so glad you came back, it's been very quiet without you around!! :(
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    have your tops dried yet?
    nice to see people popping out of the woodwork....I miss all our old peeps
  • mellman01
    tkachev wrote:
    You've only been gone 7 days!

E :D

Have I!?, ye Gods it seem like a lot longer but then again I've spent a lot of time on me X Box on line and that can mess up me internal clock something rotten but it seems like a month at least to me I'm sure last time I was on here there were two rehabs or was it all a bad dream I wonder??, hang on a mo!, maybe it's senility creeping in?, so!?, hmmm, eeeeer?? :?: , who are you??, and what am I doing here!???. :shock:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Welcome back on board the Skylark Mel. :D We've missed you

I seem to remember that you were the captain of the ship the last time we set sail, and as far as I know we're still floating around somewhere.

Glad you're back, and not lost forever in the Bermuda Triangle.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    joanlawson wrote:
    Welcome back on board the Skylark Mel.Glad you're back, and not lost forever in the Bermuda Triangle.

Maybe he was just in Cognito, Joan : :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    think you popped in to post on dels thread but first time in ages you posted your own thread val
    val
  • mellman01
    edited 25. Apr 2012, 10:05
    joanlawson wrote:
    Welcome back on board the Skylark Mel.Glad you're back, and not lost forever in the Bermuda Triangle.

If your saying you think I have two accounts and come on here as somone else from time to time stickywicket then your totally wrong, I've only EVER been me on here as mell I don't do Devious things I can't see the point that said I will say to a persons face what's up,I wont beat around the bush and be all silly and childish and do as some do and that's be devious by baiting a person to elicit a response and then when they get what they want use it as ammo by going crying to the MOD's hoping to get the post in trouble , it's why this site went [****] up a while back, there have been to many people doing dishonest things behind the backs of others then denying any of it yet using it to stir the s**t behind the scenes, it's why I kept away after the false rehab problem it had got so silly I felt that it had fallen into total farce and if clones were popping up on here then I felt I couldn't trust anyone so went walk about in the cyber out back to clear my mind for a while.
    Now I've only just come back on after being 10-7 for a month or two although some will tell you I've only been off line a week, not sure why anyone would actually keep count unless I'm being monitored and or stalked but I've been off line for longer than seven days and that's the truth,
    so I deduce from the attention that it's either a simple joke that fell flat if so no harm done but on the other side of the coin it could be a sign that there could well be something rotten in the state of Belgium on here even now, if so then I'll bet it will go [****] up in short order as soon as a certain small group of older established male posters try to post on here, it's always been the same M O on here,and it's slightly depressing and highly monotonous to say the least.
    I'll pop back in a few days to see what replies I've got, but don't expect a quick turn around from me on this as I don't spend much time on here now due to all the past c**p we had to put up with.

PS Thanks Joan much apreciated appreciated, oh yeah I’ve joined Abingdon Astronomical society and it’s really great we meet once every two weeks and the lectures are really good as they get speakers in from Oxford uni.
  • stickywicket
    mellman01 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

If your saying you think I have two accounts and come on here as somone else from time to time stickywicket then your totally wrong,

No, No, NO! I didn't mean that at all, Mel. I would never suspect you of the 'devious goings on' sort of tactics there has been on here in the past. You are your own inimitable self and that's good enough for me.

The 'in Cognito' thing was simply a reference to Joan's 'My Travels' thread. I guess it was a bit stupid of me given past shenanigans on here but it was never meant as a veiled insult.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Mel, I can vouch for what Sticky said, it's definitely just a reference to another thread rkid..

Right, which silly billy wanted Mel to short me out :shock: :lol: As if...
    Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Ooo dear Mell, I hope you have read my thread ''My travels'' so you will understand the joke now about ''in Cognito''. Sticky was definitely not meaning that you had come on here via a different account. It shows how things can be so easily misunderstood.

I do hope you will stay with us now that you have returned to the site as your posts are missed by so many people, including me.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif