mobile phones

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 25. Apr 2012, 03:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,have just got an ordinary bog standard phone,would probaly like to up grade to something more technical,what sort have you all got and are they idiot proof,been offered one by virgin for 12.99 a month(phone is free)we have our home phone,tv and internet with them.Mig

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mig

Oh your brave my phone is still a slider one, not touch screen and I havent a clue whats android, smartphone etc??? I tried to look up a number on my mum's one which is touchscreen and ended up calling the person yesterday....
    Hope you get one to suit you...

Elainex
    mig wrote:
    Hi all,have just got an ordinary bog standard phone,would probaly like to up grade to something more technical,what sort have you all got and are they idiot proof,been offered one by virgin for 12.99 a month(phone is free)we have our home phone,tv and internet with them.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mig ...I would love one of these smartphones ...to pass the time at appointments and such but I havent a clue...so I will be watching this thread...
    Love
    Barbara
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Mig
    My brother inlaw used to fix mobile phones for Carphone Warehouse. and although I haven't got one, here is what he told me.
    If you cant afford an I Phone, ( which is the best phone on the market ), go for something like a Samsung Gallaxy S / Nexus, amazing screens, and not far behind the I Phone.
    Otherwise the HTC phones are very good ( Desire etc, avoid the Wildfire).
    Another bit of advice, avoid Blackbury phones, horrible things. Alanthemanc
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    iphone or galaxy SII - brilliant phones....
    hugs freesia xxx
  • thewifie
    thewifie Member Posts: 79
    Oh dear ! Got to defend the Blackberry ! Best and simplest phone I've ever had, love it to bits !
    You only get one life, love it, live it, grow old disgracefully !!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    thewifie

i did love my blackberry too...till the sound went :roll:

Youngest loves it all that BBM-ing her friends.

I now have a samsung galaxy Mig and LOVE it :D

Toni xxx
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    I think you're best off visiting a couple of phone shops to actually see the phones and demos. The sales people can be a pain, but there's some things you can't do online and actually using the phone is one of them.

I have a Galaxy Ace, one behind the Galaxy S11 and I chose it because I get unlimited internet and more texts and minutes than even I can use per month (and that's a LOT believe me). I pay £27 a month for that.

I recently got my daughters Samsungs too because they are such good value for money - I don't believe in kids carrying around hundreds of pounds worth of equipment. They have smaller versions of mine but with the Smart type access I have.

Nxx
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    I've got a Blackberry..........its fab!

OH has a Sony Ericcson...........old but reliable!

Daughter has had Samsung, had nothing but troubleamd never managed to finish a contract with the same handset over 3yrs! :-)

iPhones....hmmm dunno, i remain to be convinced! ;-)
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    I've got a Blackberry..........its fab!

OH has a Sony Ericcson...........old but reliable!

Daughter has had Samsung, had nothing but troubleamd never managed to finish a contract with the same handset over 3yrs! :-)

iPhones....hmmm dunno, i remain to be convinced! ;-)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    NinaKKang wrote:
    I think you're best off visiting a couple of phone shops to actually see the phones and demos. I don't believe in kids carrying around hundreds of pounds worth of equipment. They have smaller versions of mine but with the Smart type access I have.

Nxx

Hey NINA!!!!

Fabulous to see you :D

Hope you are doing well and the girls too?

Love

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    dare not tell you what I have :oops: :lol:

juliepf x
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Hi
    I have had an iphone for 4 yrs now I love it, I like the apps I can put on it for reminding me of birthdays/appointments etc, I can access my emails almost anywhere, I have a pain app to help me see patterns of pain month by month (invaluable in deciding if treatments are making a difference and also to boost my lacking memory). I find it easy to use but do get f4ustrated when it occasionally locks and I have to switch off and reset.

My 3 daughters all have Blackberry and love it BBMessaging is their life :? personally that constant pinging drives me nuts.

My son has the new HTC, he has had HTC for years he rates them better than any other phone hes ever had.

Youre best bet is to go to a shop that is not affilated to any network to try different handsets and ask questions about it. It needs to suit you

good luck

Theresa
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I've got the galaxy s, love it.. Can't wait to get the s2
    Quite easy to use once you're used to a touch screen, which for me and my hands is easier than pressing buttons. Plenty of free apps too, not as many as the iphone but if you get one of those you're tied to apple products..
    You can just plug these into your pc and send across any music, films etc you have.. Not that simple with the iphones though. Don't get me wrong, the iphone is probably the best on the market BUT there are a lot if basic things you can't do as easily as the others..
    Bluetooth etc..
    I pay £35.00 a month and have unlimited internet and £240 of credit to spend as I like each month..
    I get my moneys worth lol..

Good luck, as suggested, go into a store that's none affiliated, we are with carphone whorehouse lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I love my BlackBerry. When this contract ends I shall upgrade to a newer BlackBerry. I'm with the every-little-helps mob, £15 per month for 250 minutes, 5000 texts and some internet but I don't bother with that. MMS messages cost to send. I love the QWERTY keyboard, I only have one BBM contact (Mr DD!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    My partner has a galaxy s phone and it is ace. easy for me to use and keeps me entertained for hours.

My daughter has a blackberry but screen is tiny and i think they are aimed more for younger age due to how many times they pin eachother, drives me mad lol..

Hope you find the one to suit u best..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx