test day

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 28. Apr 2012, 09:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi , lets hope I will be able to write I HAVE PASSED here today. test at 1.50pm so watch this space and thank you everyone that wished me good luck .

Mike R ANd Hazel & Mike jr
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    GOOD LUCK . jane
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    GO FOR IT MIKE.Mig
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Very good luck Mike ,You can do it .Marrianne :)
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    just back not passed , the mirrors issuse was solved but it was zerba crossing and their was a woman standing talking I thought as the car in front drove on I follwed and just then she decided to put her foot on the zerba crossing did the emergeny stop ok clipped a wing mirror so the examiner got me to stop and go and have a look it was ok but examiner went to the owners door he said it was fine .

so next time they say 7 th time is lucky lets hope so

was looking foreward to drive to the health centre on Friday
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Sorry Mike, we all held our breath for you today.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't go well for you, Mike. At least you did an emergency stop when it was required, but bad luck that the woman stepped onto the crossing when she did.

Don't give up, and keep trying. I'm sure you will be successful next time, but in the meantime, try to get all the practice you can.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    keep positive Mike, you will get there.
    xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry Mike better luck next time.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mike that was blinking bad luck...if anyone can do it its you...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    That was such bad luck Mike but fot that bet you would have passed .Next time you will be celebrating Marrianne :)
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Hi

Maybe there is some sort of intensive lessons that can maybe solve these little hiccups, get you through this after all must be frustrating and disappoiinting.......Someone else told me they changed their instructor as they felt they werent helping them after failing test twice...

Elainex

mike77 wrote:
    just back not passed , the mirrors issuse was solved but it was zerba crossing and their was a woman standing talking I thought as the car in front drove on I follwed and just then she decided to put her foot on the zerba crossing did the emergeny stop ok clipped a wing mirror so the examiner got me to stop and go and have a look it was ok but examiner went to the owners door he said it was fine .

so next time they say 7 th time is lucky lets hope so

was looking foreward to drive to the health centre on Friday
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Better luck next time, Mike!!! Keep trying!
    Wearing a short skirt did the trick for me many years ago on my first test too, lol.... the examiner passed me in spite of mounting a kerb, doing a 5 point turn instead of a 3 point turn and doing the worst reverse parking in history!
    He said I had confidence and just needed more practice.
    Nice chap, he was. :D
    But I still can't reverse park !!! :o
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Each time you take your test you get more used to pressure situations and are more aware. I am certain you will pass next time.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Mike,

Its nerves that do this to you so hang in there and ,maybe you can get some intensive training so it becomes more like second nature?

I was lucky I had off roaded cars for many years before I leaned to drive.... its just nerves Mike and they make you make silly mistakes.

Have you got someone who will sit with you and get you out diving as well s the lessons? it might help cus the more yu do t the more you will relax...

Hang in there and I hoe yourself, Hazel and Mike jr are all ok? Cris xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    tkachev wrote:
    Each time you take your test you get more used to pressure situations and are more aware. I am certain you will pass next time.

Elizabeth x

I agree with Liz on this, practice does make perfect Mike, also if you find there's the odd thing that your uncomfortable with my advice don’t shy away from it but take it head on and focus on it and spend a bit more time practicing it so you get comfortable with it, if it gets to stressful then move on to something else then once your settled go back at it, if you keep avoiding problem then it/they will always be an issue the only way you can rid the devil is to master them otherwise it/ they can well cause you to worry unduly and that will impinge on your general concentration, trust me been there got the T shirt!, it’s also a good idea to get set patterns to situation fixed in your head so when a situation does arises you have a plan, if you already have a response hardwired in you will be able to simply react without thinking this will help immensely the only way to do this is practice and practice, either by driving and going over things in your mind time and again it’s how I was taught when I first went to Didcot power station, trust me driving a 500MW turbine is very very stressful there’s a lot of power there it’s like having 4 Concords in full reheat strapped to the deck and when your left in charge the responsibility is immense and it was always the things I wasn’t comfortable with that popped up and played havoc with my confidence during those times. We were always told to have a plan and it's sound advice.
    You will only master the bugger by practicing and going over situation in your head time and again , this will put you on the front foot rather than the back, if your reactive and ahead of the game you’re in control of the situation this will reduce your general anxiety.
    To be honest I don’t envy you, when I learnt to drive back in the late 1970’s there were a lot less cars on the road, these days it’s controlled madness, also don’t think you’re the only one who makes mistakes even the best drivers do, anyone that says they have never c****d up is lying we all make them. You’ll get there.