Why is it that...

Options
Annah
Annah Member Posts: 92
edited 28. Apr 2012, 16:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
...the day I finally manage to persuade my doctor to x-ray my painful hip that has been hurting for nigh on 4 years, my hip stops hurting and my shoulder starts up?

It reminds me of the time I went to see an infertility doctor, only to be told I was pregnant. Or the time I stayed in all day for a delivery, only to miss the guy when I popped out to the garden for 5 minutes.

My hip's been relatively OK ever since. Which is both good and annoying. The shoulder is playing Hokey-Cokey (in, out, in, out, shake it all about) but nothing new there. So all in all, its a slightly irritating mystery.

Or is arthritis one of those things that likes to disappear when you look at it, kind of like ninjas?

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Annah,

Its sods law rule 36 I think but the x-ray will still show whats there and the underlying problem there so its not all lost.

I hope that it will back off for you for a while and also that the x-ray results will help get some decent treatment.

We tell folks to take pics of the swelling etc in case its not there when they are seen and also to keep a pain diary as it can help again when you see the consultant. nice to meet you and welcome to the forums Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, Annah, teeth do it too: agony for three days, make an appointment with the dentist and lo! All better! :wink: DD

PS Just to save tjt the typing - of course the appointment was for 2.30. :)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Noope I think you got it about right, happens all the time to me, post op it was all over the place it could be totally calm for weeks then it would start up and got down hill in short order then after a week or so it would bugger off again and the cycle repeats, even now it does my head in as when I feel OK I always over do it and kicks it all off again!.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Its sods lawrule 36 that when I buy something the same shop is guaranteed to have a sale the next day. Bought my kids school uniform, arrived monday, and now same shop has a 20% reduction sale on school clothes :roll: I could parcel it all up and return it then reorder for 20% less I suppose!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Anna

Tis s*ds law for sure :roll:

Mind as Cris (skezier) points out, hopefully, any damage will still show.

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Annah wrote:
    Or is arthritis one of those things that likes to disappear when you look at it, kind of like ninjas?

Ah, if only!

I feel a cure coming on. The newly patented Zap-a-Pain glasses. For sale on this forum. Triple lenses for gazing at three joints at once. You heard it here first, folks. Warning - do not look directly at family members while wearing the glasses (apart from the really annoying ones).
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Whatever could you mean Madam DD :shock: As if my jokes are THAT bad :lol::lol:
    :wink:

Oooh, Sticky, can I buy a pair??? :D Have lots of annoying family members :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP