Harry or Roy?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. May 2012, 11:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hear on the wadio that Woy Hodgson is off to the F.A. today to chat about the job of managing the England team of footie prima-donnas. The world is apparently in uproar as 'Onest 'Arry is the "people's" favourite. Not with this people he isn't. At least Woy looks at you when he's talking to you, unlike 'Onest whose glance shifts everywhere apart from who's talking to him. Woy has international standing and knowledge, 'Onest knows about off-shore matters and can set up bank accounts for his pets. So, who do you think is the best candidate? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi DD,

I have mixed views on this.
    Harry is the person i would like to have the job, as he has done great with tottenham and people have so much respect for him.
    Roy i think will do a good job too but i do not think he will have the same effect as Harry..
    I'm a bird though, so what do i know lol...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    hi DD,
    our house is divided Mr G wants our harry..thinks he will do the best job and people's Favorited??
    my self i agree with you Roy Hodgson is my choice so our house is divided as we are both footie fans..
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    no one here wants harry they were quite cheery when the news came through yesterday he was not in with a chance but who ever gets the job has it difficult with all the perma donas they have to cope with
    val
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    1. Who bloody cares?
    2. Neither of them got the Preston NE job
    3. Harry Roy led a good jazz band in the 30s, 40s
    and , possibly, 50s.
    4. It's the cricket season.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Bobby Charlton for me....whoops didn't he manage PNE once upon a time?

Harry for me. Seen Uncle Roy go from post-to-post and not achieve a lot.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Ooooh! Cracking reply Ichabod, that made me laugh out loud! Thanks to everyone else for your replies, I suspect the split household issue will be quite common over this trifling matter. I've just remembered I haven't yet voted. :roll: Time for a ponder,methinks. :wink: DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I went with the majority DD :D

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Me too. :oops: I wonder if other countries twist their undergarments as much as we do about who should be the national coach? Let's face it, we won the World Cup once but nowadays we're not one of the big national footy teams. I have to say my gut reaction is who cares? Sorry boys. :wink: DD
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Thanks for that one, o tasselled one.

I got your new title from another site but I do like it.

Tassells and desparates. - I'm off to watch the match on sky.
  • dreamdaisy
    :shock: Yer what? What other site? Strewth, I post only on this one. I am scared. :? I sincerely hope that City are winning and I am glad to hear you have some desperates to keep you going. As we live in East Anglia it matter not to us but we both dislike 'Uni'ed'. Simples. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My OH is a West Brom Fan and has been since he was in nappy's because he was born in West Brom and it's the families team. (And as they say in East Enders with families they say together!) Roy Hodgson has been a top class Manager to the Baggies and they wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for him. The baggies fans will be devestated if he goes, but yet again he will knock that England team into shape and have them bringing back the silver wear to Blighty!!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Lets hope now Roy has been confirmed that the players,media and the public give the man a fighting chance.Mig