Hurrah for City!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 2. May 2012, 18:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well done to Manchester City, I am sure that Alanthemanc is a happy chappie tonight and so he should be. Living where Mr DD and me do it matters not one jot to us but I have an unreasonable dislike of Man U - and their manager. The boys in light blue have dun good. Je suis happy! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The lesser of two evils have prevailed lol..
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    was in bed reading while match was on and knew city had scored by the loud shout from my youngest glad it keeps the premier leauge interesting val
    val
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    D.D.
    Thanks allot,
    North Manchester was buzzin, the house erupted, and I got to sleep about 4 am dreaming of the ball hitting the net. Even the arthritis in my shoulders didnt seem to matter.
    Hope Ipswich turn the corner next year, I like the pitch there, it always seems a nice shade of green. Alanthemanc
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Fantastic result. I live in Manchester and my mum has been a city fan all her life. So good to see them win last night. Hubby was sick as a chip being a Utd fan. I have never seen him so quiet watching a football match. Normally, he is up shouting & cheering. He was silent &, when the final whistle went, he just turned off the TV and came to bed!!

Blue moon!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Alan! Helloooooo! It's lovely to hear from you again and I am so pleased for your boys, I really am. I take it that Carlos is suitably decked out? I remember the glorious night we had here in town when Ipswich won promotion to the PL, the local ran out of lager! As for ITFC turning the corner, hmmmmm, I doubt it. The Adenoidal One ain't doing much and the whole feeling down there is pretty lacklustre. I haven't seen the pitch since 1998 but I hope it's still green!

I suspect there were quite a few deflated United fans - if they are genuine ones then I'm ever-so-slightly sorry for them, but the fashionable ones? Nah. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alanthemanc
    D.D.
    Yeh, Iv'e got my 2 Moonchester Gonks in the back window, but I'm a bit too nervous as we will have to beat Newcastle, and that won't be easy.
    I never get more than 4 hours sleep anyway becasue of arthritis in my shoulders, ankles, neck etc, but I'm getting about 2 hours sleep a night now. Iv'e been supporting them since they were rubbish in 1962, and crowds of 8.000, so Iv'e known the horrible side to supporting footie teams.
    As I said, good luck next year. Alanthemanc
  • tjt6768
    got sent this the other day...

Man Utd dressing room b4 KO on Monday. 'Right lads we should've had this title wrapped up but we've been sloppy. We can't let these blue buggers snatch it now because they'll never let us live it down. They stung us on the Munich anniversary & stuffed us 6-1. I don't care what you do punch, elbow, push, pull, kick or dive get out there & get it done!' At this point Ferguson steps in 'Cheers ref I'll take it from here!'.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    PS, I had to edit it for user friendly purposes. Lol
    The language in the original text was a tad more colourful :lol:

I really am glad they beat em Alan.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    tjt6768
    Ha/Lol Yeh, I live in North Manchester, and support is about 50/50, but Iv'e not seen many of their fans about the last few days,..... don't know why, Ha, Ha.
    I'm not counting my chickens yet though, footie has a way of hurting you when you think youv'e got it licked, Alanthemanc.
  • tjt6768
    I'm not counting my chickens yet though, footie has a way of hurting you when you think youv'e got it licked [/quote]

You don't have to tell me that one... I'm a Leeds fan lol

Right rkid, exhausted. Sleep time. Catch ya later
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP