re knee arthritis

Options
joolswood
joolswood Member Posts: 11
Thankyou very much for all the replies I got to my message.
I phoned the helpline, but it did not make me feel better at all. I had just had the most frightening panic attack and wanted to know what causes the pain in my knee when it moves. He said that itwas mot probably bone touching bone through lack of cartiledge. That was the last thing I needed to hear and has made me feel much worse. I wanted to hear that the pain was from th muscle.I cant stand the idea of bone touching bone why did he have to say that??????

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi I'm sorry you are in so much pain , its very hard but try to take some deep breathes to help you calm down .Is the doctor sending you off for xrays or reffering you back to the hospital ?

fowls 48
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Why did he say that? Well, he told you the truth - it may be an unpalateable truth but lying is not the right option. I have exactly the same thing in both knees and yes, it hurts, but it is still possible to get on with things as long as I rest in between bursts of activity - that's why I'm on here now! :wink: Please post on the LWA part of the forum - more people look in on there and I am sure you will garner more support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    Options
    joolswood wrote:
    Thankyou very much for all the replies I got to my message.
    I phoned the helpline, but it did not make me feel better at all. I had just had the most frightening panic attack and wanted to know what causes the pain in my knee when it moves. He said that itwas mot probably bone touching bone through lack of cartiledge. That was the last thing I needed to hear and has made me feel much worse. I wanted to hear that the pain was from th muscle.I cant stand the idea of bone touching bone why did he have to say that??????

Hello Joolswood

I am sorry you feel the call to helplines did not make you feel better, however we can only do our best by providing people with the correct information. Many people find things difficult to accept at first and I am sure you will appreciate it is our job to answer the questions honestly rather than only tell people what they want to hear. From my experience of talking to hundreds of people with different types of arthritis the first step towards dealing with what is going on is to accept the reality. Perhaps first step for you may be getting help with accepting the reality. I understand that you are going through a very difficult time coping with things at the moment but just remember, one day at a time is all anyone can deal with.

Best wishes

Simona
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Joolswood,

I am sorry that you were upset/disappointed by your call to the helplines. As said you were told the truth about knee arthritis and deep down you knew as you mentioned it in one of your postings. I am aware that you are a very anxious type of person but it is still better to know the truth I would have thought.

This is the first time I have ever heard that someone has come away from talking to the helplines and been upset in the way you are. They are a fantastic and dedicated team who give 100% of themselves to help hundreds of people who call in.

Why not join us on LWA like DD says, you will get support/help on there but we reply truthfully too.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.