I rang the secretary

julie47
julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
edited 30. May 2012, 05:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello everybody

as you may remember I went to see the rheumatologist on Friday and I enquired about the second part of my neck operation. The rheumatologist was really nice and very helpful :D (not one I had seen before). She rang the hospital where I had had the surgery for C4C5 discs and ask them if they had sent a referral letter back to my original surgeon. The reply was yes they had, but they will fax another, which they did while the rheumatologist was on the phone.

I have just rung my original surgeon's secretary and asked has she had a letter. :?: She told me there was no letter. :shock:

I told her there should be a fax sent to her, and it was sent on Friday. :?
She again said there is no fax. :x

She then got quite angry, and said the hospital that had done my surgery have messed up everywhere. :o That I should never have been shipped out (along with other patients) and we should have just stayed on the list. :?

She has told me to get back in touch with my Dr and that I will have to be referred again. :roll:

I have just rung my rheumatologist secretary and she was so very helpful :D
She has listened to all my query and she's going to tell the doctor when she comes back from clinic.(this is not the dr whom I saw on friday but a senior one) I am not sure if I should expect a phone call from the doctor, but her secretary said she will probably do another referral. (Just hope it isn't when we supposed to be away) :)

I will keep you informed, :)

take care, love Julie PF x

Comments

• liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    lets hope it gets sorted soon Julie xxxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    julie47 wrote:
    She then got quite angry, and said the hospital that had done my surgery have messed up everywhere. :o That I should never have been shipped out (along with other patients) and we should have just stayed on the list. :?

For another how many months :shock: I know you had more pre-meds than hot dinners while you were waiting for a slot for your 'urgent' op. The one your 'surgery hospital' didn't mess up on at all was the time factor. They did your op quickly and well.

Anyway, my friend. 10/10 for patience - again.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    oh my dear dear Julie. I do hope they don't think we will let them get away with messing you around like last time. They'll have the full force of this forum on their backs..
    Keep us up to date mi lovely :D

Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    Hi Liesa, Sticky and Tony

thank you for your replies, the rheumatologist has just rung me (it was the lady I saw on Friday) she says I should make an appointment with my own GP as they will definitely have a letter from the surgeon who did this operation, and it should say on that letter that I want to be transferred back to the original surgeon.

the doctor will then have to do another referral. :?

Love Julie PF x :)
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Hi julie ,
    They dont half mess you about lets hope they talk to each other and sort it out :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Crikey, that's all very confusing, btu what strikes me is that yet again we, the mere patients, are left to do the administration and to get various departments to talk to one another. :roll: How dare she say the second hospital has messed up - it was 'her' twit of a surgeon who was making promises he couldn't keep and thus leaving you in no-man's land for so many months. Ye gods. :roll: I'm glad you rang and that things may be moving but what a palaver it all is. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    thanks Heather :D

xx
  • julie47
    sorry DD missed you there :oops:

do you think I should start my Christmas shopping now :lol:

because if they give me this second operation it's probably gonna be Christmas again. :lol:

(won't invite family just yet then :D )

Love Julie PF x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Julie

What a palaver! You are so patient. I am sure I would not have been so. So back to the gp then? Aw, don't wish your life away, we are only just starting our summer, please do not think about the end of the year already!.

It is good to see that you have not lost your sense of humour though. I suppose it is always better to laugh than to cry.

We are out to Birmingham tomorrow, life is so busy since hubby retired!
    Having to remember to breathe! :lol:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello my pink flamingo, I think I agree with your suggestion. Get everything done, don't plan on any get-togethers and that way Christmas is sorted whether you have an op or not! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben