prefabkid is back

prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 30. May 2012, 16:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
People who retire often say they never know how they found time to work!
I always thought this was a bit of a cliche but having retired myself 2 months ago it's true......... :o With my new found freedom have been catching up with a back log of DIY jobs,done lots of walking,been on holiday,planned 2 more and bought a new car........... :D
Then it occured to me I was being neglectful of the forum.You are such a great crowd on here and so supportive of others.Although I am living a comparitively 'normal' life I felt that there was still much I could do to support others.This was reinforced on reading the post from ultraboxer regarding concerns following his ankle replacement surgery.Having undergone this procedure myself felt I could possibly give support (we have now been in regular contact).
Having slapped my wrists will try to be more regular in my posting even if only to add a bit of humour,broadcast the virtues of real ale or more importantly to do pocket duties.
Regards to members old and new
Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    great to have you back and well done on all the good work val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome back, Ron, but never apologise for being fit and active :) I'm glad things are going so well for you and I hope you've managed to sink a few real ales while you've been walking, holidaying etc.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh my word, someone who is lliving life as it could be lived - that must be lovely. :wink: Rest assured Ron, we will be here whenever you look in, I hope that you do post a little more often if only to reassure some newbies who are struggling that the better times may well be ahead. Take care, keep living life to the full and please keep in touch. Brace yourself mate, hugs are coming your way: ((())) and do have a pint or two for me. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    hey matey.. Great to hear that you are doing so well..
    Glad to see your name pop up too...

I think it's a brilliant thing to come on here even when we are doing good, gives encouragement to others...
    I've not been on as much as I could lately do will join in the wrist slappage THWACK... :D

Where did you go for ya hols and what kinda papapp did ya buy? Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Welcome back prefabkid! And congrats on managing to get the DIY jobs done and other things on top! I'd be lucky to finish a newspaper these days! You bring hope to a lot of others on this forum. Look forward to reading some of your new posts soon! :D
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Welcome back Ron
    It is good to hear that things are going so well for you.
    It would be good to hear from you now and again even if only to reassure the ones {usually newbies} that things can get better.
    Its great to hear what you're dong as well

Love
    Hileena
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Thanks to all who responded to my post,proves what I said about what a great crowd we have on the forum.
    In reply to your question Tony.....had a cottage down in West Sussex and did a lot of bird watching.Off to Bucks soon then down to Dorset,renting cottages in both cases (we're not ones for laying on the beach!!).
    As to the car.....Ford Fiesta Zetec in white,my old Punto was now 9 years old having had that from new also.
    Will keep tabs on the forum
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Ron... Welcome back :D
    Its good to see you are enjoying your retirement, Im so glad that things are going well, now dont you dare go overdoing things... :wink:
    Take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I wanted mine in white (vauxhall meriva, new shape) but it was three hundred quid extra lol.. I think ALL cars look best in white.
    Love staying in old cottages. Hope Dorset is nice to ya.. :D
    I love beaches though, just a smidgen more than countryside..
    Thanks to all who responded to my post,proves what I said about what a great crowd we have on the forum.
    In reply to your question Tony.....had a cottage down in West Sussex and did a lot of bird watching.Off to Bucks soon then down to Dorset,renting cottages in both cases (we're not ones for laying on the beach!!).
    As to the car.....Ford Fiesta Zetec in white,my old Punto was now 9 years old having had that from new also.
    Will keep tabs on the forum
    Ron
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP