Back from my MRI

Heather65
Heather65 Member Posts: 262
edited 30. May 2012, 14:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, well i had my MRI this afternoon it was ok not as bad as i expected a bit noisy even with those funny little yellow things they give you to put in your ears ,it was a bit uncomfortable and i got pins and needles in my hands and feet ,i just made a list in my head of all the things i needed for my holiday :) so all in all not too bad now comes the waiting for the result which hopefully will be next friday when i go back ,

Thanks for all your good wishes and advice

Heather x :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm glad it's done and dusted, well done to you! I hope you are not too achey and sore, now it's time to rest, put your feet up and have a cuppa. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Heather65
    Thanks ,my necks a bit sore so trying to rest before i go to work i think it was lying so still that did it :!:
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Well done Heather .

karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    hi Heather

Glad the MRI is over and it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I am glad you found something to take your mind off all that banning :D

will be ready for pocket duties when you go for your results :wink:

love Julie PF x
  • Heather65
    Thanks julie at least i dont have to wait long x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    not had one, but so glad it over and you get the results you are hoping for. val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done you,hope the results are what you want.Mig
  • Heather65
    Thankyou everyone for your support ,not sure what the results will be if i went on pain alone they will be bad but you know how it is at my age (47) and so so results they might just wait and see but it does effect my every day life and work is getting more difficult but you know what the NHS are like its a lottery :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done Heather

That's done now and there's nothing else you can do now, but hope it helps them to understand your pain.

Then hopefully there is something which they can do :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    I had an MRI some years back prior to my TKR, it didnt show anything so went for arthroscopy and found my knee was bone on bone and the Dr couldnt figure out how i was walking....

I wont have an MRI again as they scare the daylights out of me... so noisy and claustraphobic which i wasnt before but being overweight the machine is an awful fit i even left my oxygen wand they gave me via a piece of pipeto wave about by my nose, i just wanted to cry but that wouldve made things worse, my friend came with me and rubbed my leg to let me know she was still there....

Heather hope you have better luck xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • Heather65
    Thankyou toni and liesa its just a waiting game now will find out next friday :) x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done and good luck for Friday.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright