A BIG hello to you all....

snowis75
snowis75 Member Posts: 5
edited 31. May 2012, 13:29 in Say Hello Archive
I have just joined Arthritis Care, even though I have had RA and OA for over 10 years. My body is still deteriorating even though over the past 8 years I have been on all different types of Meds.

Still life goes on and Im generally a happy person living in Bristol, married to a wonderful woman, with 4 daughters....(yeah 4 daughters!!!)... :lol: Of which the youngest are twins aged 7 months.

I am hoping to gain some friends who understand what I go through and to also help others as much as I can.

I look forward to hearing from anyone

cheers Nige

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Nige. It's good to meet you but I'm sorry about the circumstances. I have both kinds too (glutton for punishment) and, yes, I'm afraid we don't improve with keeping. However, 7 month old twins should keep you active, if nothing else. Thankfully, my two sons are both grown up with lads of their own now but I can empathise as those years when they were very young and my arthritis was at its worst were pretty tough. I'll look forward to seeing you around. LWA and Chit Chat are where most people hang out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Hello and welcome nige,hopefully you will find all sorts of people on here with all sorts pf problems but we can all sympathise and offer support so look forward to seeing you on here :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Nige

Welcome to the forum , people are great here , we also have lots of laughs to get us through the day .

karen xx
  • snowis75
    snowis75 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for the replies.

Yeah the twins definatly keep me on my toes and mobile. They are getting heavy to lift on bad days now though...lol.

I shall read other Posts and get involved
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am pleased you have found us. I too have two kinds, PsA and OA and am also gently deteriorating with age (53 now, feeling 93). I am happily married and deliberately childless. The forum is a wonderful place for information and support and it's great to have another bloke around! I hope you stay with us and I look forward to seeing your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Nige

Lovely to meet you :)

I have 3 girls too the eldest both being 17!! years that is :)

You are so welcome - with your experience l am sure you will be able to help us as much as we will hopefully help you.

Love

Toni xxx