Arthritis Gloves

muffy
muffy Member Posts: 72
edited 31. May 2012, 17:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Does anyone have any input for Arthritis Gloves, good or bad welcome.

Sylvia

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sorry sylvia

Cannot help .Someone will be along to help you i'm sure.

karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My mum bought me some compression gloves which stay in the packet. Some on here have mentioned Isotoner gloves, I don't know much about them but I think they are quite pricey. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    sorry I can't help either, but I hope someone comes along who can soon.

Love Julie PF X
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Hi Sylvia
    I got the isotoner gloves from my OT, they are comfortable somehow my hands feel cooler and some of the swelling subsides when wearing them although others say they make them too warm.
    I think they are expensive to buy, so worth seeing if OT can get you some.

Good luck
    Ruby
  • succotash
    succotash Member Posts: 83
    I got some given on the NHS from occupational health.

I cant say they helped me a great deal but maybe I didnt wear them often enough to make a difference. They get on your nerves wearing them all day or night.

The thing I do use often is a thumb support that they gave me. Its fairly firm and wraps around your hand making you use your thumb in a circular way rather than just straight. I would recommed those for relief and comfort. Also good to wear in bed because they are warming and soothing
    How come I'm over the hill and rapidly going down it, when I don't even recall reaching the summit?
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Sylvia,

I LOVE my Isotoner gloves and recommend to all :D See your OT and they should help with the right splints etc for your hands but ask for the gloves they are the best thing ever! You will find that you dont need to wear them all the time :D

Rose x
  • annalou
    annalou Member Posts: 38
    I got my Isotoner gloves from my OT on the NHS and they are really good, particularly good at reducing swelling if it's persisting, definately recommend :)