We've been together for a year.........

prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 3. Jun 2012, 15:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
..............my new ankle and I.

YES it really is a year ago today that I went into hospital for ankle replacement surgery.Since then it has transformed my life,yes it gives me the occasional niggle and lets me know if I everdo things.

Before the operation I was in constant pain and could walk just a matter of yards before I had to stop and take the weight off it......... :cry:Now am doing 2-3 mile walks regularly and always 'popping' down the town with no artificial aids!I count my blessings and don't take it for granted.

If anyone out there is hesitant about ankle replacement (or fusion) I know the prospect may seem daunting but it was not nearly so bad as I had feared and the support from the forum members was tremendous.Do give it serious consideration.

As a thank you to the new joint I have decided to take it to the pub for lunch and a pint (we have become inseparable!).
Wishes to all and thanks again for your support.

Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope you have many happy years together Ron.

Thanks for that post Ron it does seem to be on the cards for me.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope you continue to get along well,mines half a lager and lime.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Happy anniversary Ron - it's lovely to see a 'couple' get along so well! :wink: Mine's a pint of the best local bitter, please. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good for you, Ron-and-the-inseparable-ankle. I have been wedded to one of my TKRs for 31 years now with very few disagreements. It's great that you can go out walking again and are so pleased with the outcome.

It's only lunchtime so I'll just have a nice, dry cider please. What's on the menu?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Ron and your ankle.
    thats gone quick you have done well i'm pleased you have become the best of friends.
    it's a year on wednesday i had the tripple fusion i have no more pain there.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Well done Ron

Have a lovely time in the Pub.

karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Ron

Congratulations to you and your year old ankle :D

Blimey the time seems to have flown by.

I hope you have a lovely time at the pub and that you and your ankle have many more happy years together. :D

Love juliepf x
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Well done ......an inspiration for all of us hesitating to take the plunge. :)
    Ruby
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Ron
    I remember it well, but 1 year has gone so quick, I am so glad it all worked out for you...now like you say you two go to the pub...enjoy your celebration... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Ron,

A very happy anniversary to you and your ankle.

You know its so good to read a positive outcome and gives hope to those who are following down the same road. Goo on you and thanks for letting us know how well its helped you. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Dear Ron

I do wish you and Ankle a very happy anniversary. Glad he has settled in so well

t3408.gif

Hope you both enjoyed your beer

Love

Toni xxx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Thanks all for the messages
    lululu (please keep us updated),mig (for you a pint of lager and lime-half pints don't register in my vocabulary!),dreamdaisy (a pint of Shepherd Neame Spitfire is on the bar),stickywicket (it has to be a pint of Dudda's Tun cider!) and joan (glad your triple fusion is giving no pain a year later!.
    Thanks also karen,juliepf,barbara,cris and Toni yes had a great time in the pub (of course........ :D
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)