need help with resting in bed with pain

Options
lindapotts
lindapotts Member Posts: 8
hi i am 56 years of age been diagnosed with osteoarthrites been trying different medication but to no avale none working i have asked my gp to refer me to hospital but i get told he has to try all avenues possible before he can send me the pain is terrible on entering bed in my wrists hips ankles legs not sleeping to well cracking joints any one help with suggestions please :?:

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am a forum member, not a member of the helpline team, but saw your message and just wanted to say how sorry I am that things are so difficult for you. This subject comes up on the Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum quite often so if you repost your message there, I am sure you will get some helpful replies about what others do to help them manage. We are a friendly, knowledgeable bunch and you will be made very welcome.

Thinking of you.

Tillyxxx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Linda

Thanks for your posting and apologies in the delay in replying.

I’m sorry to hear about the pain you are currently experiencing.

If the pain medication you are currently taking isn’t working you can ask your doctor to be referred to a pain clinic.

You could also ask to see a physiotherapist (if you haven’t already) to get some treatment for your joints.

For more information on coping with pain and Living with osteoarthritis see http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/Copingwithpainbooklet2011.pdf and http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/OAbooklet2011.pdf.

You are welcome to ring us on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat about your current situation.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team