Hi I am new today!

Jen888
Jen888 Member Posts: 2
edited 29. Jun 2012, 09:40 in Young people's community
Hi, I have just joined this site, with a hope. there is someone out there that had had JCA for more than 40 years :(
I would really like to chat with anyone who has tried Dmards and biological recentltly, regarding side effects and effectiveness. Jenny.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you. I don't meet your criteria (I have only had PsA for fifteen years and resulting OA for I don't know how many) but I take meth, humira and sulph and have also tried a fair few DMARDs. I was given the biologics too late for any great difference to be made but I comfort myself with the thought that future joint damage is being retarded. If you are hoping to hear from veterans of 40 years-plus then please re-post on the LWA part of the forum - that's where we 'oldies' tend to cluster. :wink: I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Jen888 and welcome from me too. I think I may have had JCA for over 40 years in that I was diagnosed with Stills Disease aged 15 and I'm only just starting to become aware that Stills, JCA and JIA are terms which seem to be used more or less synonymously. (I could be wrong though. I often am :roll: )

Despite having it for over 50 years, I've never done the biologicals. I've been on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine for over 10 years now and I'm doing well on them with no side effects worth mentioning. I started on 22.5 of meth and have been on 15 for some time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Jenny

Welcome to the forum , sorry have Ra so will not be of much help too you .

karen xx