Tier 2

lilac63
lilac63 Member Posts: 19
Hi there iv just completed my ill health retirement forms, and now its a waiting game, i have worked for the NHS for 16 yrs, could anyone tell me if I do get it , what sort of payment you get, is it a lump sum, or would it be a monthly payment?..because as you can imagine my head is in overdrive with worry as my wages will stop soon

thanks wendy x...

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi I don't know about NHS pensions specifically but I would expect you to get several grand plus a monthly pension. DLA is not means tested so you may also be able to claim that. You should also be able to claim contributary ESA for one year after that ESA is means tested so will then be dependet on your level of income. If you rent your home you may be eligable for housing benefit but this is means tested. Hope this helps.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Wendy

Did u get a pension forecast before applying? That should tell you what your lump sum & yearly pension would be.

Tier 2 is hard to get, they normally offer tier 1, but I dd get tier 2 straight away & I'm only 40.

You get a lump sum & a monthly payment.

I heard back injust over 2 weeks about my decision, it could be longer, ATOS are a law unto themselves! They decide if you get it.

Let me know how you get on?

Janie
  • lilac63
    Thank you so much for yr replies, were a great help, Im on the highest module for dla, and i get housing benefit now, but their stopping that as iv been awarded esa, its like a mine field all this , iv never claimed anything in my life..im 48 and didnt even think I would be able to get any of my pension, but thanks again for yr help xxxx
  • janie68
    I was surprised that I got tier 2, I get HRM & MRC DLA indefinitely, I put that into my evidence too. I get support group ESA,think that I get my pension helped me get that!

After the decision, it took 3 months before I got my lump sum & another month the monthly payment started.

I hope you get that letter soon!

Janie
  • lululu
    Wendy I don't understand why your housing benefit is being stoped right now, it takes a while before you see any money from the pension people and DLA is not means tested ie, you can be a millionaire and still get DLA. DLA is not taken into account for housing benefit and ESA is not enough to pay for housing, council tax and live. Your first post gave the impression that you are not a rich person so you should still be eligable for housing benefit. Another point I would like to make is that you may be eligable for HB if you have less than £6000 and a low income (like ESA). More than £6000 and HB is reduced on a sliding scale ie the more you have the more you pay. I hope this is understandable. You need to look again at your finances Wendy.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    Im 49 worked for NHS for 30yrs
    Just got papers through for Ill Health so here goes another fight on my hands & increase in stress levels
    Ive had an estimate for ill health both tiers
    its just a waiting game
    I have heard you can appeal if you dont get it!
    Fingers crossed well not literally as ive OA in them & in most of other joints
    I wish you well
    I think we should start our own club there seems quite a few of us around
    Maria
  • lilac63
    hi every one thanks for all your replies, i rang the housing benefit people, and they said I have too much money coming in, how ?? I have no idea, im on half pay , I had a meeting in work today with director of nursing , my matron and HR, out come was that i have now had my employment terminated, but I knew it was going to go that way, iv known for years I should give up but just wasnt ready, but now I know and have come to terms with it, that my body cant manage on the ward anymore... Just waiting for the results of my ill health retirement ...should hear bout that soon....

wendy xx
  • lululu
    Hi Wendy, Thanks for the update I have been wondering how you got on. I well remember being so relived that it was over, I expect you will be too. I did not realise that you were on half pay, that would give you too much for HB but you can now reaply, it is worth thinking about the fact taht you HB is reduced on a sliding scale if you have more than £6000 in capital. You are allowed to spend quite a bit of your capital on things which will help you ie, new chairs, bed, etc. (I bought a mobility scooter) and also a lot of people have a big holliday when they retire so you can allow for that also, I suggest you ask your council just in case? You can also buy lots of things tax free because of disability. Also let the ESA people know as you will be sent new forms. I hope you enjoy your retirement.
  • lilac63
    Hi Lululu,
    Nice to hear from you, thank you for all your help with all the goings on, has been a help, il be honest tho not looking forward to being retired , although i know its because of my health, im 48 and still want to be working, but with OA you never know how yr body is going to be when you wake up,..

How long roughly will i have to wait for a reply for ill health, they sent me an acknowledgement letter last week ....I hate change at the best of time, im chomping at the bit, not knowing how my money is going to pan out ...

wendy xx
  • janie68
    I got my decision in just over 2 weeks. There is a contact on your letter which you could ring. Perhaps the case manager can give you an update?

Janie