ESA Application

Options
bankieboy
bankieboy Member Posts: 7
Hi all this is my very first post having just registered, although I have been a member of Arthritis Care for a good few years. I have had psoriatic arthritis for 30 years and am now 53 yrs old. I had to retire from my work due to ill health 3 yrs ago and am receiving Incapacity Benefit and Disability Living Allowance since then. I also suffer from early osteoporosis, dyspepsia, high blood pressure, irritable bowel, MGUS (blood condition with 5% chance of developing multiple myeloma) and sleeping problems. I am now being re-assessed for Employment and Support Allowance and am dreading the process as it seems to be very few people who make it on to the Support Group. One question I would be grateful for any advice on would be is there any advantage in submitting a GP and/or Consultant medical report with my ESA application? Anyone got any other tips to help me with the process?

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Bankieboy and welcome to the forum.

Just to say that you might get more replies if you repost on Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum because that subject comes up often on there.

I can't offer any advice I'm afraid but I am sure others will be able to.

Tillyxxx
  • bankieboy
    bankieboy Member Posts: 7
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I put it under the other topic and got a helpful response.