Summer weather.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 22. Jun 2012, 12:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Jesus when is the rain and wind going to stop, talk about washed out summer it was like October outside the other night the poor old song birds are hitting my feeders like there's no tomorrow I can hardly keep up with them, and the weather for next week looks iffy and all, I also see the Isle of White festival looks like the Somme, if I had tickets for it I'd have not bothered going as it's just one big mud pit right now.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    cold wet and grey here just like october where the global warming could do with a bit of it val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Miserable as sin here matey.. Had a couple of real deluges... Now it's subsided again to plain old p1551ng it down :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    It's horrible here too! It will improve the week after next, because I'm going on my holidays then.
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Awful in nottm too,got fire on too.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Fence blown over. Rain almost horizontal. Lights on. Ye gods. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mell I was always told you got good weather down there....and thats why the Royal family live there....its lovely and warm here up north.... :wink: I wish.
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Oh great that's it we have those Germans and Greeks lording it all over us and you get all the good weather as well barbara!, the only reason they're down here is they think they might get lynched if they wander too far away from London.
    It's really ironic though she's a german and he's a Greek, how's that work then??.
    Anyway I see the Isle of White festival is still going on despite the Forrest Gump weather.
  • barbara12
    mellman01 wrote:
    Oh great that's it we have those Germans and Greeks lording it all over us and you get all the good weather as well barbara!, the only reason they're down here is they think they might get lynched if they wander too far away from London.
    It's really ironic though she's a german and he's a Greek, how's that work then??.
    Anyway I see the Isle of White festival is still going on despite the Forrest Gump weather.
    Mell Im sure I just spotted you waving your little flag at Ascot....and its dry... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I can't handle intense heat either, vitaniya, and I always have to wear dark glasses in sunshine. However, that's not been much of a problem here recently :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    I dont believe im saying this...but same hear...see I said it..I do love the sun...but my joints dont like it to hot.... do you think if we keep saying this it will try and do us one and come out.... :? :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Let's go for it, Barbara :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Its just peeped through the clouds here in wimbledon ,very windy though
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Not too good here in Norfolk either, but the sun does keep trying to come out and I have got two lines of washing dry. Have to keep going to check that it hasn't escaped the garden though with this wind.
  • barbara12
    fowls48 wrote:
    Its just peeped through the clouds here in wimbledon ,very windy though
    Oh it would be Wimbledon...bugger send it up North... :lol::lol: sorry cant you tell Im bored :(:lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    where we are is at risk of flooding again, well, the main roads in that is. We are on a hill so ok providing we can get to and from our house lol..
    I love the sunshine and was mortified when I going out the rash on my legs the other day was from the sun because of the anti biotics.
    I hope if they do stick me on the methotrexate that it doesn't mean I can't sunbathe :? :cry::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    Tony you could get a spray tan....but you have to remove the mankini... or you will have strange lines... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Did someone mention a mankini? The last time that happened, my broadband went down for a week!
    Ooh missus!
  • mellman01
    Did someone mention a mankini? The last time that happened, my broadband went down for a week!
    Ooh missus!

Steady on N D you'll pull a muscle!, isn't there a joke about that??, God my memory isn't what it!, hmmm?, errr??, where am I??.